Intensity hdmi output

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

alangrove

Intensity hdmi output

PostSun Aug 12, 2018 5:44 pm

Hi guys,
I have been using BM Intensity Pro & Premiere on my PC now for a few years, while viewing the playback using HDMI from Intensity to my Samsung TV. Everything up to now has worked fab until my Samsung TV stopped working and had to be replaced. This time I purchased a new LG Monitor (not TV) because I realised I did not need a TV. The monitor has a HDMI input and I was hoping I could just plug in and all would be as before? Unfortunately this is not the case..... When I view the image it flickers a lot and it displays a message that the display is receiving a 1080i signal and I should tell the PC to output 1080p at 1920x1080? I have tried changing the output settings on the BM but it does nothing? Can anyone please help me here? Do I have to buy a TV to get correct picture? I am working with a 1080/50i PremPro timeline. Thanks guys

Tony Rivera

Blackmagic Design

Re: Intensity hdmi output

PostMon Aug 13, 2018 9:45 pm

You may want to check the model number on LGs website to see if this format is accepted by the monitor because that message indicates it will only support progressive formats that you would typically see coming from a computer graphics card.
Support: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support
Info: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/company

Follow us on Instagram:
@blackmagicnewsofficial

Andrew Kolakowski

PostMon Aug 13, 2018 10:44 pm

Yep, if it's typical PC monitor (cheap one) it most likely doesn't support interlaced signal.
You need to change you monitoring to 25p, but even then it may not work as again most cheap PC monitors don't support signals other than 60Hz (or eg. <50Hz).

If you want to use monitor instead of TV it has to be carefully chosen one (not just randomly chosen one). It needs to supports different refresh rates (and interlaced signals). Mid range Dell ones should be fine with it.

alangrove

PostTue Aug 14, 2018 7:40 am

Ok thats what I am thinking too.
Thanks guys, really helpful

Return to Post Production