Desktop Video / Decklink Mini Monitor / Premiere issue

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Andy Mees

Desktop Video / Decklink Mini Monitor / Premiere issue

PostTue Aug 28, 2018 3:35 am

Hi There

A few weeks or so ago I updated my Windows 10 system ...and at the same time my Desktop Video drivers to v10.11.2.

After the update Adobe Premiere would no longer launch, instead it hung repeatedly whilst loading extensions (specifically the splash screen would stop at 'Loading Emboss.aex').

Assuming the Windows update was at fault, I reverted to a previous clone of the system so as to be able to carry on working.

Today, I reinstalled the Desktop Video software... and Premiere once again started refusing to launch, hanging whilst loading extensions as before. This time I simply uninstalled the Desktop Video software and all is well. Reinstalled ... and it hangs again.

Installed Desktop Video v10.10 instead and all is well.

Is this an known issue/incompatibility with Adobe Premiere, the Decklink Mini Monitor and Desktop Video v10.11.2?

Cheers
Andy

Andy Mees

Re: Desktop Video / Decklink Mini Monitor / Premiere issue

PostTue Sep 04, 2018 6:09 am

So I should take that as a "No." then?

Eric-Jan

Re: Desktop Video / Decklink Mini Monitor / Premiere issue

PostTue Sep 04, 2018 11:31 am

my guess it's a Windows 10 issue, and BMD driver, i believe same happens also with the High Sierra update,
Most of the time both OS and drivers need to be adjusted, more people will experience the same, and solving it is mostly done by the next drivers of OS and 3rd party software (BMD)
chicken and egg issue while big OS updates takes place, not uncommon for any OS.
Intensity Shuttle, ATEM Mini, Video Assist 5"(mini USB), Hyperdeck ShuttleHD,Analog to SDI mini-converter, software: Davinci Resolve 15 on Sierra, Resolve 18 on Catalina. (Using Apple OS 32 & 64 bit on different MacBook Pro's

Return to Post Production