Premiere source window - audio drop outs with Mini Monitor

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Vince Masciale

Premiere source window - audio drop outs with Mini Monitor

PostThu Aug 30, 2018 3:35 pm

I've seen this post pop up once or twice in the forums, but haven't seen any resolution.

I have Premiere Pro on a MacPro, with a Blackmagic Mini Monitor. Output and sync seem fine on normal playback, but when I open an audio file into the source monitor and / or switch from that to the timeline, the blackmagic loses sync, picture drops out, audio drops out, the speakers pop a few times, and after about 3-4 seconds, it comes back. Obviously, this is very annoying when I'm trying to work quickly.

This doesn't happen when I have footage in the source monitor, just audio clips. So editing with music and sound effects is a nightmare. Must be something with the audio file in premiere not sending the same signal to the mini monitor.

Avid / Resolve / FCP don't have this issue at all, so it seems it's something Premiere is doing with it's output, but when I turn off Mercury Transmit, everything works the way it should, just without the external monitor. Curious if this would be resolved with a newer blackmagic output device, or if this is strictly a Premiere issue.

Thanks!

NordicFilmworks

Re: Premiere source window - audio drop outs with Mini Monit

PostWed Sep 12, 2018 10:38 pm

I also have this issue. The "mini monitor" clicks and snaps with native OSX programs as well (browser, etc)
Cheers,

Matthew Altheim

Executive Producer,
Nordic Media

www.Nordic.Media

Edmonton's video production and marketing agency!

Return to Post Production