BMD UpDownCrossHD audio problem

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Sentropy

BMD UpDownCrossHD audio problem

PostSun Sep 02, 2018 9:26 pm

Hi,
we have some problem that is maybe relative to BMD UpDownCrossHD. We have
Junger Level Magic™ Audio Processor - EASY LOUDNESS SDI that we use for audio processing.
The signal that comes in Junger is from the switcher. We use SDI in/out HD ( 1080i50 / TriSync ) signals. In line where we have:
Video Playout SDI--->Junger--->BMD UpDownCrossHD ( to SD) converter / we have a problem that we don't get an audio signal out from BMD UDCHD. We have video, but no audio. BMD UDCHD is on the same
sync. We use only audio channel SDI 1/2. BMD UDCHD is in down-conversion mode to SD PAL ( but any other resolution have the same problem ) we have video, but not audio on output. I was thinking that BMD UDCHD is a problem, but BMD UDCHD work with any possible signal that we
put it into him, but only with Junger he has a problem. If I connect/disconnect video SDI input on Junger there is time that audio work on BMD UDCHD ( every second/third time...) so it's look to me like some "lock signal" problem, but this is temporary, if I change input signal to Junger ( with switcher ), audio disappear on BMD UDCHD. I try multiple Junge units and BMD UDCHD converters, all have the same problem. I "think" that old UDC doesn't have a problem, I will test it tomorrow, I only try it once and it's work fine, I didn't try multiple connect/disconnect SDI.
Junger works fine without UDCHD with another equipment. I update UDCHD to last firmware, look all options, try all dip switch also try every option on Junger. So searching for an answer here what can be cause of that incompatibility that BMD UDCHD cant process?

Thx in advance.

Andrew Kolakowski

Re: BMD UpDownCrossHD audio problem

PostTue Sep 04, 2018 4:50 pm

Does your BM have sync input or not? Have you looked what BM settings panel says, does it report anything?
What if you turn off processing, does audio work then?
It may be simple bug. Try different (older/newer) drives. Remember that in case of BM drivers newer doesn't mean better at all :)

Sentropy

PostTue Sep 04, 2018 6:42 pm

HI,
BMD UpDownCrossHD have Ref in ( I write that in post ) and it's connected to same source as Junger, if I turn processing off, then I have audio on BMD UpDownCrossHD output. BMD UpDownCrossHD does not have any Panel and I upgrade it to last version ( this cant be reverse ). So as I told, problem is when I down convert signal there is no audio ( I have video ) no matter what option I select on BMD converter. I think that this is some compatibility issue but I don't have who has problem Junger or BMD? Why BMD cant "eat" SDI that come from Junger? Junger work fine with all other equipment, BMD work fine without Junger
Audio Processor - EASY LOUDNESS. If I connect/disconnect video SDI input on Junger there is time that audio work on BMD UDCHD ( every second/third time...)...

Xtreemtec

PostTue Sep 04, 2018 7:15 pm

At the point of it works with everything but the Junger..
It could be that the Junger inserts or changes the sdi audio packet stuctures.. Or maybe even changes the Sampeling rate to something the UDC HD does not get....

Is it an option to put the UDC HD before the Junger? ;) If the UDC HD does take the signal of the playout OK. why not downconvert before the Junger.. Unless you need the 1080i from the Junger for different outputs.. ;)

Otherwise i might advice to look at the Decimator MD-HX. Which not failed me in the 3 years i use them now.
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Andrew Kolakowski

PostTue Sep 04, 2018 9:27 pm

Sentropy wrote:HI,
BMD UpDownCrossHD have Ref in ( I write that in post ) and it's connected to same source as Junger, if I turn processing off, then I have audio on BMD UpDownCrossHD output. BMD UpDownCrossHD does not have any Panel and I upgrade it to last version ( this cant be reverse ). So as I told, problem is when I down convert signal there is no audio ( I have video ) no matter what option I select on BMD converter. I think that this is some compatibility issue but I don't have who has problem Junger or BMD? Why BMD cant "eat" SDI that come from Junger? Junger work fine with all other equipment, BMD work fine without Junger
Audio Processor - EASY LOUDNESS. If I connect/disconnect video SDI input on Junger there is time that audio work on BMD UDCHD ( every second/third time...)...

BM has settings page- you find in in Windows Control Panel.
Try:
1. Disconnecting ref signal.
2. Using older drivers (much older). What is you BM device model?

It's not Junger as when you turn off BM processing everything is fine, so BM has no issue with actual SDI signal out of Junger. It's clearly issue with processing.

Return to Post Production