Lost audio on conversion

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Al Mills

Lost audio on conversion

PostThu Oct 04, 2018 7:27 pm

Hello everyone,

I did do a search but didn't see anything so if this has been covered please accept my apologies.

We capture video with a Hyperdeck Studio Pro, SDI video in, XLR audio in. Codec is set to Pro Res HQ, and the resultant video is .MOV on a Hyperx SSD.

While the raw video will play back properly (both audio and video) through QT or VLC on a Mac, the file size is too big for our purposes (50gig). My intent is to convert using something like Wondershare, or Any Video Converter, or something else if available. The issue is that the converted video to MP4 does not have audio. I'm thinking that either the conversion software is missing a codec or that maybe there's something unique about the way the Hyperdeck captures the audio. Either one seems a little unlikely to me, but if anyone has worked through this conversion before I would appreciate any advice. I don't mind purchasing software.

I wouldn't have thought this conversion would be unique, so I figured there were a lot of people doing this already...

Thanks,

Al

Al Mills

Re: Lost audio on conversion

PostTue Oct 09, 2018 1:59 pm

Hi everyone...

Someone suggested I try Handbrake for conversion...looks like it's the one to solve my problem.

Return to Post Production