Video not outputting to source monitor?

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

aceshigh

Video not outputting to source monitor?

PostTue Oct 23, 2018 2:30 am

I'm a recent graduate setting up my own equipment for the first time and having some trouble. I'm on a 2013 Macbook Pro trying to connect a Flanders BM210. My setup is currently Mac -> thunderbolt cable -> UltraStudio Mini Monitor -> SDI 1-> BM210. When I open Resolve it recognizes the mini monitor but there is no picture. Last time I practiced doing this it was that simple but clearly I'm doing something wrong. Any ideas?

Xtreemtec

Re: Video not outputting to source monitor?

PostWed Oct 24, 2018 9:32 am

Got Sierra installed? Did you follow the instructions in the manual of the mini monitor how to fix the Security issues in Sierra..
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

aceshigh

PostThu Oct 25, 2018 2:53 am

Xtreemtec wrote:Got Sierra installed? Did you follow the instructions in the manual of the mini monitor how to fix the Security issues in Sierra..

Hi, yes I have High Sierra installed and fixed the security preferences. When I open the Desktop Video Setup, the display it shows in the samples is not the screen I have. Mine does not give me any input settings, only output. Perhaps there's still a download I'm missing?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-10-24 at 10.48.34 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-10-24 at 10.48.34 PM.png (203.24 KiB) Viewed 1316 times

Tony Rivera

Blackmagic Design

PostThu Oct 25, 2018 6:08 pm

You mention input but the Mini Monitor is only for outputting video from Resolve, Media Express or other approved third party applications. Ingest to the computer would be with the Mini Recorder.
Support: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support
Info: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/company

Follow us on Instagram:
@blackmagicnewsofficial

gspfilmworks

PostThu Oct 25, 2018 8:03 pm

Hi, yes I have High Sierra installed and fixed the security preferences. When I open the Desktop Video Setup, the display it shows in the samples is not the screen I have. [/quote]

Are you sending the correct format for the selected settings in Desktop Video? According to your image, the Mini Monitor is set to display Standard Definition. If you're sending a High Definition signal, you will see exactly nothing on the monitor because it's set to show SD.

Make sure your settings and send signals match and you should see it, no problem.

--G
~Greg Steinbrecher
~Director/Editor/Creative Director
~Jordan, Ross & Rose Advertising

Glenn Sakatch

PostSun Oct 28, 2018 4:04 pm

Things to check.

Resolve preferences ...have you told Resolve to use the mini monitor?
What is your project timeline set to. (HD, 23976, SD 29.97)
What is your monitoring set to in Resolve? Is it the same as the timeline?
A lot of people set up their project timeline, but fail to set up the monitoring output properly. This will trip up the minimonitor quite easily.

What type of signal is the flanders saying it is receiving? (does it match your timeline and or your monitor setting?)

Return to Post Production