Micro converter firmware update

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

kevin.fredericksen

Micro converter firmware update

PostSat Nov 10, 2018 11:09 pm

I have several SDI to HDMI converters that I would like to upgrade, as they frequently make shrill audio sounds. I downloaded the latest micro converter firmware and app on a macbook. When I connect the first converter, it says it needs to be updated, and it goes through the process. When I plug the second converter in, it just says it's running 7.3.2, not update messages, nothing. This is exactly what happened when I updated to 7.3.1. So, what gives with the update process? These other converters are almost 2 years old now, and certainly don't have 7.3.2 already on them (and probably never got 7.3.1 either for that matter). How do I truly get an update?

dliteevent

Re: Micro converter firmware update

PostWed Nov 14, 2018 2:57 am

interested in these too!

marcrigaud

PostWed Sep 16, 2020 3:35 pm

Hi There Kevin Fredericksen !

Did you finally find the answer to your question ? I am currently having the same question for my micro converters !

Thanks in advance !

Regards,

Marc

Walter Sonius

PostTue Mar 09, 2021 9:20 am

Having the same issue here with "previous/old 3G" micro converters (HDMI-SDI - SDI-HDMI). I remember a while ago that the software in the past did announce a firmware upgrade for a specific device plugged in, which had to be accepted explicitly.

But currently it just reports the software version of the converters utility instantly. So 7.5.1 on MacOS shows 7.5.1 in the about option tab of each device connected, and plugging it back to a Windows 10 machine with 7.5 reports version 7.5 in the about option tab of that device?

Does this firmware upgrade/downgrade now just happens silently & instantly or isn't there any firmware upgrade and just bad version reporting?

Return to Post Production