eGPU and Wacom issues

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

imagix

eGPU and Wacom issues

PostMon Nov 12, 2018 9:05 pm

I use the Blackmagic eGPU with a MacBook Pro. Everything works fine, expect after updating to Mojave, I can't use my Wacom Intous Pen Small. The Wacom works on the MacBook Pro screen, but I can't move the pointer onto my LG 5K screen, connected to the eGPU.

I don't know if it's an issue with Mojave, the Wacom driver or the eGPU somehow – but everything does work fine if take out the eGPU and connect the LK 5k directly to the Mac.

Any ideas what's wrong?

Thanks
Anders

Christopher Dobey

Re: eGPU and Wacom issues

PostSun Nov 18, 2018 5:54 am

Is the Wacom connected via bluetooth or USB? if USB do any of the symptoms change if the Wacom is connected USB via the computer, LG or to the eGPU?
Nikon Z6 | Ninja V ProRes RAW
Resolve Studio 18 Beta | macOS 12.3.1
Apple M1 Max MacBook Pro, 10 core CPU, 32-core GPU, 64GB memory
Pro Display XDR | Micro Panel

imagix

PostMon Nov 19, 2018 7:18 am

It's connected via usb. As far as I know all wireless Wacom tablets comes with their own usb-bluetooth dongle, so I don't know if it makes a difference if it's connected via bluetooth or USB.

I have tried connection the tablet directly to Mac, LG and eGPU. All behave exactly the same.

Anders

imagix

PostTue Nov 20, 2018 8:45 am

Seems my Wacom from 2015 didn't work with the latest drivers, compatible with Mojave. Got myself a new Wacom - problem solved.

Anders

ddengler

PostTue Nov 20, 2018 4:54 pm

I noticed the exact same issue. I talked to blackmagic and wacom support about it with no solution, yet. Both cases are still open.

Tried all possible connections. All drivers and the OS are at its latest version. As LG 5K + MacBook + BM eGPU are the new Apple "Standard" and I am at least happy to see I am not the only one affected.

I am a software developer. If you need more in depth technical assistance debugging this (log files, inspecting something, a screen share): Feel free to ask. I rely on the tablet and would very much like to see this resolved.

I can also provide my support contact at Wacom via a private channel (not in the public forum), if you give me a hint where to do so.

ddengler

PostWed Nov 21, 2018 9:34 am

@imagix Thanks for the tip. I will try my wacom from the office at home. If this does not work, I am really not in the mood of replacing my perfectly good Intuos 4L, just because of a driver issue. This would be a total waste of resources (money and material) to me. The tablet obviously still works from a hardware point of view.

ddengler

PostSun Dec 09, 2018 11:18 am

The latest Wacom driver 6.3.32-3 released 12/5/2018 finally fixed the issue for me. No new tablet needed! :)

Return to Post Production