HyperDeck Studio Mini as SD Reader

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

willypimentel

HyperDeck Studio Mini as SD Reader

PostWed Nov 14, 2018 2:07 am

Hello,
I am having a lot of problems interfacing my MacBook Pro 2018 with my HyperDeck Studio Mini. I don't have an SD card Reader and the only way to get my files to the computer is to setup an FTP connection. BTW, my computer does not have a ethernet port either.
In Summary, it should not function this way. I should be able to connect the USB-3 cable to the computer or in my case (Thunderbolt Display) and mount the Card on the Desktop.
If BW wanted to be the greatest developers of all, well, I should have access from within Davinci's media pool or FCP X import window to those cards? Why can't this work better when it comes to importing clips?
please help me be less embarrassed after buying a product of which I blindly thought it would do this?

:? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?

Xtreemtec

Re: HyperDeck Studio Mini as SD Reader

PostWed Nov 14, 2018 2:22 pm

willypimentel wrote:please help me be less embarrassed after buying a product of which I blindly thought it would do this?

Are you talking about the Macbook Pro 2018 that lacks any form of propper connections... :lol: :lol:

Just buy USB3 card reader. Which is the fastest way of copying.. The FTP mode is a slow transfer way..

The USB connector on the Hyperdeck is ONLY for firmware updates!

So buy a Cardreader on USB-C for $29 dollar..
Or even better, Buy a device that also gives you normal USB, Ethernet, 4K HDMI For $68 :) >>
http://a.co/d/0Qj5pxf
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

willypimentel

Re: HyperDeck Studio Mini as SD Reader

PostMon Nov 19, 2018 8:35 pm

Why Why Why!!!
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Return to Post Production