Decklink 4K Extreme 12G with Sonne Enclosure

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

WaitingOnClientFeedback

Decklink 4K Extreme 12G with Sonne Enclosure

PostThu Nov 15, 2018 1:48 am

Hello:

Trying to see if someone can point me to a fix for this issue. I am trying to connect the card for use with Adobe On our new iMac Pro. The computer sees the Sonnet chassis but the Desktop Video setup app, MacOS and Adobe don’t see the Decklink card. I have moved slots, done restarts, tried different versions of Desktop video.... all with no luck. Sonnet was unable to help once they saw the Enclosure worked and BMD phone support had no suggestions on why this doesn’t work other then suggesting I try the card in a PC with PCI slots — which I don’t have — we run a Mac-based studio.

What I am working with:
- iMac Pro (NLE: Adobe Creative Suite)
- Sonnet Tech Echo Express SE III Thunderbolt 3 Enclosure
- BMD Decklink 4K Extreme 12G

My only thought... Does the Decklink 4K Extreme 12G card NEED external power? The manual says it might... but it’s a bit wishy washy about it. The Enclosure I have doesn’t support additional power for cards. I thought I have seen them running without this but I may be wrong.

WaitingOnClientFeedback

Re: Decklink 4K Extreme 12G with Sonne Enclosure

PostThu Nov 15, 2018 7:08 pm

Solved my own problem in the time it took for this post to go up - the Decklink 4K Extreme 12G is supported and was tested by Sonnet without the need for additional power in the SE III enclosure. Turns out that I have a bad DeckLink card that was DOA - swapped to the card from the other edit system I am building and it works without issue and BMD Desktop Video sees the new card.

applepro

Re: Decklink 4K Extreme 12G with Sonne Enclosure

PostWed Mar 13, 2019 1:42 am

I got this problem can someone of Blackmagic pm me I think I need a new card

Return to Post Production