BRAW in FCP X ?

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

MScDre

BRAW in FCP X ?

PostTue Nov 27, 2018 2:52 pm

Hey BM is this being worked on with Apple or is it a case of "we made the SDK if they want they can include it" type of thing?

Seeing your partnership with Apple over the eGPU I am hoping the former rather than the latter

Uli Plank

Re: BRAW in FCP X ?

PostTue Nov 27, 2018 3:17 pm

I doubt that Apple will give any source code of FCP-X to BM‘s developers. After all, they are competition in this field. So, it acutually is up to Apple to integrate it.
Now that the cat #19 is out of the bag, test it as much as you can and use the subforum.

Studio 18.6.6, MacOS 13.6.6, 2017 iMac, 32 GB, Radeon Pro 580
MacBook M1 Pro, 16 GPU cores, 32 GB RAM and iPhone 15 Pro
Speed Editor, UltraStudio Monitor 3G

MScDre

PostTue Nov 27, 2018 4:13 pm

Uli Plank wrote:I doubt that Apple will give any source code of FCP-X to BM‘s developers. After all, they are competition in this field. So, it acutually is up to Apple to integrate it.

I don't expect handover of the source code, but these things usually get done in partnership or by the camera company ie REDCODE raw integration is via a plugin made by Red

Uli Plank

PostWed Nov 28, 2018 1:12 am

It’s not a plug-in, but an SDK (Software Developer Kit), just like in the case of BM.
Now that the cat #19 is out of the bag, test it as much as you can and use the subforum.

Studio 18.6.6, MacOS 13.6.6, 2017 iMac, 32 GB, Radeon Pro 580
MacBook M1 Pro, 16 GPU cores, 32 GB RAM and iPhone 15 Pro
Speed Editor, UltraStudio Monitor 3G

MScDre

PostWed Nov 28, 2018 8:47 am

Uli Plank wrote:It’s not a plug-in, but an SDK (Software Developer Kit), just like in the case of BM.

It’s a software suite called RED APPLE WORKFLOW INSTALLER created by Red that includes a FCP plugin component to give FCP native access.

My question still stands because it was made by Red not Apple so the equivalent here would be BM using their own SDK to develop a similar installer...however they’ve implied in their language that it’s up to software makers to do it themselves, but if Apple didn’t do it for Red and they had to do it themselves I fail to see why they would do differently for BM.

Hence my partnership question, I used to work for Apple and when it’s a two way effort these things get done well and fast otherwise meh

Return to Post Production