Possible to create single clip+source clips in single pass?

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Paul Steinberg

Possible to create single clip+source clips in single pass?

PostMon Sep 10, 2012 7:56 am

I'd like to output individual clips for editorial as well as a single H.264 file with window burn for screening. Is that possible with Resolve v9rc1 in a single output pass?

It seems like you must decide between individual source clips and single clip near the top of the delivery page before you can add outputs. Scratch would handle this as separate output nodes, not sure if this is possible with the way Resolve's delivery page is structured.
Paul Steinberg csc
Toronto |+|Canada

Win11Pro. AMD 64 Core Threadripper 3990x, 128Gb RAM, Dual nVidia RTX 3090, Ultrastudio 4K mini, MotuM2, Thunderbolt 3, internal NVME PCI RAID (source) external thunderbolt RAID (target)

Ola Haldor Voll

Re: Possible to create single clip+source clips in single pa

PostMon Sep 10, 2012 9:55 am

What you're asking for is done by configuring a "job" and adding it to the "queue".

One for all the clips as separate files.
The second for the H264 with burn in.

When you're ready, hit "Start render" in the bottom of the queue.

Paul Steinberg

Re: Possible to create single clip+source clips in single pa

PostMon Sep 10, 2012 12:10 pm

Yes, I know I can queue them up, just wasn't sure I could do what I needed to do with a single job (multiple outputs).

It seems like it is almost a possibility since it looks like you can add/remove window burn and change the file type, you just can't change whether the output file(s) will be a single file (target) or multiple files (source).
Paul Steinberg csc
Toronto |+|Canada

Win11Pro. AMD 64 Core Threadripper 3990x, 128Gb RAM, Dual nVidia RTX 3090, Ultrastudio 4K mini, MotuM2, Thunderbolt 3, internal NVME PCI RAID (source) external thunderbolt RAID (target)

Return to Post Production