No video - Decklink HD Extreme stuck on PsF

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Drew Lahat

No video - Decklink HD Extreme stuck on PsF

PostMon Dec 17, 2018 5:22 am

Got a good ole' Decklink HD Extreme (yes, 1st gen) that I put in my 2010 Mac Pro (5,1). Running OS X 10.13.4.

Everything seems to work as intended, the driver and Premiere / Resolve have no problem recognizing and controlling the card - except that for any 23.98 material, the output is PsF instead of P no matter what - and definitely no matter the setting in the driver (BM Desktop Video Setup). Since most of my usage is with monitors that can't take PsF (and most of my editing is 23.98), I can't get video. If I use PAL or 29.97 material things work as intended.

Same behavior in Premiere, Resolve, and BM Media Express. Tried the latest 10.11.4 driver as well as 10.9.3; reboots, and uninstall/reinstall.

Is this a programming oversight in the v10 drivers? A hardware problem with the card? Was the Decklink v1 limited to 23.98PsF only?

Drew Lahat

Re: No video - Decklink HD Extreme stuck on PsF

PostWed Dec 19, 2018 3:18 am

Tested the card on another machine, a 2009 Mac Pro (4,1) running OS X 10.10.3. Same behavior - PsF only. That machine normally has a DeckLink HD Extreme 3D+ card, which obeys the P / PsF switch with no problems.

Return to Post Production