MINI CONVERTER ANALOG TO SDI

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

robert Hart

MINI CONVERTER ANALOG TO SDI

PostTue Jan 22, 2019 4:40 pm

This may be a case of my mismanagement. I have been attempting to use a Mini Converter to pass VHS video playback and standard definition camera images to a BM Shuttle recorder as an alternative to going the firewire route out of a JVC deck for digitising as computers no longer support firewire.

There are miniswitch selections in the converter to pass PAL/NTSC composite to SDI. The BM Shuttle recorder sees them but the recorded or passed image is very overcooked compared to the same image passed directly to the same display. It looks like there is a gamma setting somewhere in the chain that is significantly off.

If anyone has any clues for getting the correct image by firmware updates or rollbacks or any internal adjustments available inside the box, the knowledge will be much appreciated.

Xtreemtec

Re: MINI CONVERTER ANALOG TO SDI

PostTue Jan 22, 2019 6:48 pm

In some mini converters you can set settings by the software of the miniconverter. Not all models have it. But could be in the case of the Analog to sdi.

Install "Blackmagic Converter Setup" drom the support section on the website. And hook it up by USB. ;)
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

robert Hart

PostWed Jan 23, 2019 7:09 pm

Thank you very much for your suggestion. I had updated the converter via USB and it may have reset to an overblown luminence setting. I found the software control and that fixed it. Much appreciated.

Zodiacuser

PostWed Mar 27, 2019 7:15 am

Hi may I also ask a question? Our team actually bought an Atem Studio Pro HD Digital Video Switcher to replace our old Video Switcher. However upon purchase of the said equipment, it did not work because our current setup is analog cable going to our camera. A sample model of a Teranex Mini Converter was used in order to make it work and it was successful, but the price for this product is expensive. I tried researching for a cheaper solution and found the Black Magic Mini Converter. I would like to present this to our boss for purchase however I found out that there is a bit of difference between Teranex Mini and Mini Converter. Teranex Mini has an Analog Video Standard of 525i59 NTSC, 625i50 PAL while Black Magic Mini Converter has an Analog Video Standard of 525i29 NTSC, 625i25. If I were to purchase the Mini Converter would it work with Atem Studio Pro HD and is it compatible with our camera Panasonic P2D AG-HPX250P. Your Response is very much appreciated.

Thanks!

Return to Post Production