Getting out of Final Cut Editing View

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Corrocon

Getting out of Final Cut Editing View

PostTue Mar 19, 2019 6:21 pm

Hi there, new to Davinci Resolve 15 and upon setup there was an option to have the editing layout as Davinci, Final Cut, or Premiere. I chose Final Cut because that is what I was familiar with, but now I'd like to use the Davinci Resolve layout, however I can't seem to find a way to switch it back! I've been looking on the internet and all through the software and manuals for over an hour, can someone please help me??

Connor

Marc Wielage

Re: Getting out of Final Cut Editing View

PostMon Mar 25, 2019 8:02 am

Corrocon wrote:Hi there, new to Davinci Resolve 15 and upon setup there was an option to have the editing layout as Davinci, Final Cut, or Premiere. I chose Final Cut because that is what I was familiar with, but now I'd like to use the Davinci Resolve layout, however I can't seem to find a way to switch it back! I've been looking on the internet and all through the software and manuals for over an hour, can someone please help me??

You should be able to go up to Workspace -> Reset UI Layout, and that will give you the factory default. Note that you can save a variety of different layouts depending on what you're doing. I use one specific one for editing, another for conforming, and another when I need to focus more attention on the Inspector.
marc wielage, csi • VP/color & workflow • chroma | hollywood

Return to Post Production