Resolve 9 PCI slot config and how it shows up?

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Henrik Cednert

Resolve 9 PCI slot config and how it shows up?

PostTue Sep 11, 2012 4:37 pm

Hi

From what I can read Quadro 4000 goes into slot 1 and ATI5770 slot 2 (Mid 2010, 12 core MacPro). System sees both cards but resolve reports:

GPUs
Video Card 1: Quadro 4000

Shouldn't it report two cards? Fairly certain that b3 reported two cards on my PC that has a GTX590. I see the same no matter if I have the quadro in slot 1 or 2... :roll:
Henrik Cednert | cto | cbb | Filmlance International | www.filmlance.se

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

Re: Resolve 9 PCI slot config and how it shows up?

PostTue Sep 11, 2012 10:41 pm

The ATI card, being a double wide card, must go into slot 1. The Q4000 can go in slot 2.

There is currently an issue with V9 on Mac displaying an ATI/AMD card as a GUI only card in the System Overview. If you have the GUI display connected to the ATI card, then everything is OK.
Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

Henrik Cednert

Re: Resolve 9 PCI slot config and how it shows up?

PostWed Sep 12, 2012 4:45 am

There's no such thing as must. =) All config guides shows that the ATI should go in slot 2 and it do fit there. Sure, you block one slot in the process. ;) But I would prefer to conf it as you say, Quadro in slot 2 so I guess I'll move 'em around today.

But I need clarification. Do you mean that resolve in the GUI only will display that there's one GFX card in the system but still use both?

Dwaine Maggart wrote:The ATI card, being a double wide card, must go into slot 1. The Q4000 can go in slot 2.

There is currently an issue with V9 on Mac displaying an ATI/AMD card as a GUI only card in the System Overview. If you have the GUI display connected to the ATI card, then everything is OK.
Henrik Cednert | cto | cbb | Filmlance International | www.filmlance.se

Return to Post Production