Thunderbolt Mini Recorder works with ME software but not QT

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

nick_pool

Thunderbolt Mini Recorder works with ME software but not QT

PostSat Jun 08, 2013 9:25 pm

Thunderbolt Mini Recorder works with BMD software but not QT or VLC:

Hello, new user here. I'm new to video, but spent the last 6 months reading everything I could on it....

I have a Panasonic consumer level HC-V720 camcorder connected to an Ultra Studio Mini Recorder with HDMI. The Mini Recorder is connected to my 2011 MacBook Air with an Apple brand Thunderbolt cable.

I'm at 9.7.3 on the BMD Desktop Video in my system presences. (latest as of June 8, 2013)

When I use BM Media Express software to capture, everything works great. The capture works fine. The settings are at 1080i59.94 inside the Media Express software.

When I use QuickTime or VLC, the camera does not show up as a recording source. QT shows it as an audio only source. And VLC I can get it but only as a black screen on the capture.

I've also tried the same setup with a Canon HV20 camcorder, with the same results.

I know there is another thread going on with Ultra Studio Mini Recorder issues, and I read through the whole thing. However, it seems the people with issues in that thread don't have success with Media Express software, which I do.

Thank you for any help you can offer a newbie:)

wkroeplin

Re: Thunderbolt Mini Recorder works with ME software but not

PostWed Nov 20, 2013 1:40 am

Hello,
Did you ever find an answer to your question? I also have a Cannon HV20. I am trying to capture live video into my imac. I just purchased the ultrastudio mini recorder but I can't get the computer to recognize my camera. I would greatly appreciate any advice.
thanks

cliveflint

Re: Thunderbolt Mini Recorder works with ME software but not

PostSun Nov 24, 2013 11:11 pm

If it works with the BMD software would it be best to use that for the import?

Return to Post Production