Premiere Update Still Lacks BRaw

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

John Richard

PostWed Apr 03, 2019 5:17 pm

Adobe just put out their new Premiere Update.

Going thru the list of supported camera codecs and there still is no support for Braw.
Very disappointing.
Premiere still only supporting the very old CDNG and none of the compressed variants.

MishaEngel

Re: Premiere Update Still Lacks BRaw

PostWed Apr 03, 2019 5:22 pm

John Richard wrote:Adobe just put out their new Premiere Update.

Going thru the list of supported camera codecs and there still is no support for Braw.
Very disappointing.
Premiere still only supporting the very old CDNG and none of the compressed variants.

It also still lacks stability.

Denny Smith

PostWed Apr 03, 2019 5:40 pm

And this is surprising how? It’s Premiere—what do you expect, support for the competition. :roll:
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Xtreemtec

PostWed Apr 03, 2019 5:58 pm

Indeed.. Adobe is already F**d by an almost free Editing software. Davinci resolve already costs them thousands of dollars a month by users that stop using premiere and start using Free Resolve! Or once paid $299 and free updates after that.. Something that would be unthinkable by Adobe. :lol:

So you expect them to support BMD by integrating the support into their LNE.. :P
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

joe12south

PostWed Apr 03, 2019 6:30 pm

It's also slow, bloated crapware you have to pay for once a month. Talk about "disappointing" ;-)
Dedicated curmudgeon. Part-time artiste.

carlomacchiavello

PostWed Apr 03, 2019 6:31 pm

Buy braw plugin for 29$
Search on are rip.com from autostima. It’s excellent

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Andrew Kolakowski

PostWed Apr 03, 2019 6:56 pm

joe12south wrote:It's also slow, bloated crapware you have to pay for once a month. Talk about "disappointing" ;-)

In the same time I wished for Resolve to support some of the features which Premiere has. Even if some of them are through plugins they are still there, where Resolve is basically all about what BM will give you. Still bit limited depending what you do. You can't complain about price though :D (although I would prefer for Resolve to be eg. 50$ and add all needed export options and some other bits).

joe12south

PostWed Apr 03, 2019 7:47 pm

Andrew Kolakowski wrote:
joe12south wrote:It's also slow, bloated crapware you have to pay for once a month. Talk about "disappointing" ;-)

In the same time I wished for Resolve to support some of the features which Premiere has. Even if some of them are through plugins they are still there, where Resolve is basically all about what BM will give you. Still bit limited depending what you do. You can't complain about price though :D (although I would prefer for Resolve to be eg. 50$ and add all needed export options and some other bits).

Out of curiosity, what features do you "need" that are missing from Resolve? I recently switched from FCPX, and while there are differences and some things missing, in truth I didn't "need" any of them, and quickly found alternate ways of accomplishing the same in Resolve.

(I do think that Premiere's morph cut is a killer feature. Occasionally I'll edit an interview in Premiere just for that.)

Dune00z

PostWed Apr 03, 2019 8:08 pm

joe12south wrote:
Andrew Kolakowski wrote:

Out of curiosity, what features do you "need" that are missing from Resolve? I recently switched from FCPX, and while there are differences and some things missing, in truth I didn't "need" any of them, and quickly found alternate ways of accomplishing the same in Resolve.

(I do think that Premiere's morph cut is a killer feature. Occasionally I'll edit an interview in Premiere just for that.)

I would like to have the ease in and out feature in Resolve and more options regarding stabilization. There is a dynamic zoom feature in resolve that is really annoying for me to use and I cannot seem to get a quick and easy ease in and out, which I use all the time for educational videos. Also, I would like an image stabilization feature that is crop only with no warps at all and I can't seem to do this with Resolve. Each selection I have tried adds distortion in Resolve unless I am an idiot and doing something wrong.

Other than that, Resolve is better in every way in my opinion. I just cant use it for educational videos that use stills because it takes too long to do image zooms by comparison to Premiere.

Andrew Kolakowski

PostWed Apr 03, 2019 8:49 pm

joe12south wrote:
Andrew Kolakowski wrote:

All around broadcast needs- audio normalisation, proper interlaced support, much better export options (eg DPP exporter), proper subtitles support with burning in, separated exporter which doesn't lock main app. smart rendering for key codecs, ProRes encode, etc. Main thing is also support for 3rd party import/export and plugins. For example I want in Resolve great cineXtools "insert edit" plugin, which already exists for Premiere. With AME I can for example encode directly from FCP XML, which I generate with Python script. I don't even need to open Premiere in order to edit in or replace eg. some end logo. Now if I have to do it for 100 episodes then you can image what difference does it make :D

I also use Premiere for rather simple editing and in last 6 months it crashed maybe once. I use to use Premiere years ago and hated it. Switched to Edius which I loved (v5.5). It's was by miles fastest and most stable NLE out there. Now I use Premier back and it's way better than it use to be- at least it works and some features are nice.

Rakesh Malik

PostWed Apr 03, 2019 9:14 pm

joe12south wrote:(I do think that Premiere's morph cut is a killer feature. Occasionally I'll edit an interview in Premiere just for that.)

Try the smooth cut. You might like it -- it works quite well, and it might do what you're looking for.
Rakesh Malik
Cinematographer, photographer, adventurer, martial artist
http://WinterLight.studio
System:
Asus Flow X13, Octacore Zen3/32GB + XG Mobile nVidia RTX 3080/16GB
Apple M1 Mini/16GB

AbdoulUK

PostWed Apr 03, 2019 9:37 pm

Davinci is a great editor but for me, its just not there yet. I dont even enjoy using premieres unstable program but it does the things I need. Im hoping version 16 does this.

Nick Lavigne

PostWed Apr 03, 2019 10:02 pm

I see this all the time. Premiere is no more unstable than many other pieces of software. Most of the time when someone claims it is, the problem lies with the user. Usually they have old hardware, old drivers, and a mess of crap on their computer like the combined community codec pack (get rid of those stupid codec packs). In 15 years I rarely if ever experience a problem or crash, my stuff is up to date and I use proper non insane workflows. I am not saying it doesn't happen, but it can usually be traced back to not utilizing a proper workflow, machine, etc. Another problem is anytime someone has a problem they incorrectly think it's a "bug", yet no one else on any message board, or the people at Adobe can recreate this "bug", which once again leads back to the user and their computer. Also if you find a real bug that means its repeatable on more than your machine, I have worked with Adobe in the past to remove them (they reach out to you when they are able to recreate the problem/bug on their end).
Honestly If you look around most software has a bunch of know nothings screaming about instability and bugs, including DaVinci Resolve (just look at the board here).
Just remember to stop with the rah-rah team crap. They are both good and both have their uses.

John Paines

PostWed Apr 03, 2019 10:10 pm

Andrew Kolakowski wrote:All around broadcast needs- audio normalisation, proper interlaced support, much better export options (eg DPP exporter), proper subtitles support with burning in, separated exporter which doesn't lock main app. smart rendering for key codecs, ProRes encode, etc. Main thing is also support for 3rd party import/export and plugins. For example I want in Resolve great cineXtools "insert edit" plugin, which already exists for Premiere. With AME I can for example encode directly from FCP XML, which I generate with Python script. I don't even need to open Premiere in order to edit in or replace eg. some end logo. Now if I have to do it for 100 episodes then you can image what difference does it make

Can't say whether you'd be satisfied with things as is, but you're a bit behind the times. Search the manual for "normalization", and look at the export options for subtitles (burn-in, export file). "Smart rendering" is available for a number of codecs (including, apparently, Prores on Windows!), via Media Management.

As for Cinextools, it's not surprising there's no Resolve support, when most users of the NLE are freeloaders, and would never pay the license plugin fees. OTOH, anyone can buy it as a stand-alone -- for 9x the price of Resolve.

joe12south

PostWed Apr 03, 2019 10:17 pm

Nick Lavigne wrote:I see this all the time. Premiere is no more unstable than many other pieces of software. Most of the time when someone claims it is, the problem lies with the user. Usually they have old hardware, old drivers, and a mess of crap on their computer like the combined community codec pack (get rid of those stupid codec packs). In 15 years I rarely if ever experience a problem or crash, my stuff is up to date and I use proper non insane workflows. I am not saying it doesn't happen, but it can usually be traced back to not utilizing a proper workflow, machine, etc. Another problem is anytime someone has a problem they incorrectly think it's a "bug", yet no one else on any message board, or the people at Adobe can recreate this "bug", which once again leads back to the user and their computer. Also if you find a real bug that means its repeatable on more than your machine, I have worked with Adobe in the past to remove them (they reach out to you when they are able to recreate the problem/bug on their end).
Honestly If you look around most software has a bunch of know nothings screaming about instability and bugs, including DaVinci Resolve (just look at the board here).
Just remember to stop with the rah-rah team crap. They are both good and both have their uses.

"Bloated and slow" are different than "unstable". Put stock Premiere, Resolve and FCPX installations on a virgin iMac Pro and one of the will be dog slow. Hint: Its name doesn't start with "R" or "F". (I know the delta isn't as steep on Windows.)

Nick Lavigne

PostWed Apr 03, 2019 10:29 pm

joe12south wrote:"Bloated and slow" are different than "unstable". Put stock Premiere, Resolve and FCPX installations on a virgin iMac Pro and one of the will be dog slow. Hint: Its name doesn't start with "R" or "F". (I know the delta isn't as steep on Windows.)

I think it's very clear I wasn't mentioning you as I never mentioned speed.
There are many reasons why using a Mac is a bad idea for Premiere, one of which being that premiere should be used on a three drive system at a minimum (os/program, Media(raid5), Cache). That being said we do have one Mac Pro for mac people to use and everything works, sure its not tearing ass on export, but it is stable and doesn't usually stutter or anything like that.

Quick edit: Mac are getting more premier friendly (
- not the best guy out there) but still not their yet, same with the adobe team on this issue.

If you are on PC https://www.voukoder.org is an excellent plugin, ultra fast export.
Last edited by Nick Lavigne on Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Andrew Kolakowski

PostWed Apr 03, 2019 10:58 pm

joe12south wrote:"Bloated and slow" are different than "unstable". Put stock Premiere, Resolve and FCPX installations on a virgin iMac Pro and one of the will be dog slow. Hint: Its name doesn't start with "R" or "F". (I know the delta isn't as steep on Windows.)

Never noticed such a thing. Running Premiere on old Mac Pro (about stoped it as ProRes is on Windows now) and it's still capable. On PC side (10 cores i9) is very capable.
Other than this- Premiere supports smart rendering with few codecs, so if you do cut editing then exports can be crazy fast. I don't think it has best engine, but it's definitely usable. Definitely would not call it crazy slow.
Add cineXtools plugin and you can insert edit files like DNxHR or AVC-I within seconds. If I need to replace 1 shot in 2h move I can do it in 10 seconds. I wish such a plugins etc. were available in Resolve.

Andrew Kolakowski

PostWed Apr 03, 2019 11:12 pm

John Paines wrote:
Andrew Kolakowski wrote:All around broadcast needs- audio normalisation, proper interlaced support, much better export options (eg DPP exporter), proper subtitles support with burning in, separated exporter which doesn't lock main app. smart rendering for key codecs, ProRes encode, etc. Main thing is also support for 3rd party import/export and plugins. For example I want in Resolve great cineXtools "insert edit" plugin, which already exists for Premiere. With AME I can for example encode directly from FCP XML, which I generate with Python script. I don't even need to open Premiere in order to edit in or replace eg. some end logo. Now if I have to do it for 100 episodes then you can image what difference does it make

Can't say whether you'd be satisfied with things as is, but you're a bit behind the times. Search the manual for "normalization", and look at the export options for subtitles (burn-in, export file). "Smart rendering" is available for a number of codecs (including, apparently, Prores on Windows!), via Media Management.

As for Cinextools, it's not surprising there's no Resolve support, when most users of the NLE are freeloaders, and would never pay the license plugin fees. OTOH, anyone can buy it as a stand-alone -- for 9x the price of Resolve.

Resolve burn in subs- I need all controls over position, font, safe margins, rendering look with outline, drop shadow, checks for compliancy etc. Does Resolve do it? (look at EZtitle plugin for Premiere- proper tool).

Smart rendering- last time (month ago) I tried ProRes on Mac it did not work. Not sure if you know what I'm talking about.
You create timeline and do few cuts. In those cuts you replace footage or change eg. grading. Then you export. All untouched parts of source should be simply copied to the export file and only places which changed re-encoded. Is this what Resolve can do for ProRes, DNxHR, AVC-I etc? Resolve's Media Management abilities in this aspect have nothing to do with real smart rendering.

What audio normalisation is available?
I have master and I need to export it with R128 normalisation. Does Resolve do it (on export or in-timeline)? I have not seen it, but as you said maybe I'm really behind (even if I look at every new Resolve release).

Resolve is far behind in many aspects, but at least it's moving in good direction.
I successfully used it for HDR->SDR conversions and IMF mastering.

AbdoulUK

PostThu Apr 04, 2019 10:30 am

Nick Lavigne wrote:I see this all the time. Premiere is no more unstable than many other pieces of software. Most of the time when someone claims it is, the problem lies with the user. Usually they have old hardware, old drivers, and a mess of crap on their computer like the combined community codec pack (get rid of those stupid codec packs). In 15 years I rarely if ever experience a problem or crash, my stuff is up to date and I use proper non insane workflows. I am not saying it doesn't happen, but it can usually be traced back to not utilizing a proper workflow, machine, etc. Another problem is anytime someone has a problem they incorrectly think it's a "bug", yet no one else on any message board, or the people at Adobe can recreate this "bug", which once again leads back to the user and their computer. Also if you find a real bug that means its repeatable on more than your machine, I have worked with Adobe in the past to remove them (they reach out to you when they are able to recreate the problem/bug on their end).

Sorry, but no. This is just....just no. Adobe can recreate loads of the bugs users complain about, hence the constant updates to address those bugs.

Yes every editing platform has it's issues, but Premiere has the most, that's what many of us have experienced and that's what many people around the world are reporting. To suggest to not use codecs or workflows that may be essential in some of our lines of work is crazy. No one forces us to use premiere, but it's wrong to make out that it's a user fault. I get that not using 'insane workflows' may limit the amounts of time adobe will crash, but mate, this is the film industry....any feature film I've sat on ends up being an 'insane workflow' in the end anyway and adobe boasts to its users that it can handle that...and it can, but just with lots of crashes or strange bugs/errors, which unfortunately occur more than I've seen in other editors. But on a plus side, they do create some amazing features for their users.

Andrew Kolakowski

PostThu Apr 04, 2019 10:50 am

This is why Edius was (and probably sill is) the most stable NLE out there. It has somehow limited features, but core things work like a charm. You could run v5.5 for a year without a single crash.

The more features you have they more place for bugs- very simple. Also combinations between possible scenarios grow a lot so debugging is hard. If you add huge support for 3rd party plugins then things get even more complicated. At the end it's your choice :) I have basically 0 problems with Premiere, but I do simple editing. Seen some issue, but those were fixed. For what I need it works well and I have Resolve as well (and another 20 apps+all open source tools), but it's not for me atm. I only use it for specific tasks. If you try hard to stay with 1 solution for everything then good luck :) You then end up spending 10x more time than needed, but yet gain- your choice :)

Andrew Kolakowski

PostThu Apr 04, 2019 12:32 pm

John Paines wrote:
Andrew Kolakowski wrote:

Subtitles handling is there, but no go for me. There seems to be no support for reading subtitles positioning (for raised etc subs) in WebVTT format (srt doesn't officially support it). This is a must when you try to do proper job (I'm not fancy going over subs and manually checking and raising ones which need it).
Another issue is with rendering. Stroke size is taken from main body thickness, which causes main text getting thinner and thinner if you make stoke bigger. No idea why it was designed this way. For burnt-in subs you need 1 control over main face of the font, then 2nd for stroke/outline and 3rd for drop shadow (otherwise you will have subs which flicker when they go through broadcast interlaced chain). It's very important for burnt-in subs. Rendering of diagonals is also not very good- quite high aliasing is present.
Number of formats is also very limited. You need STL which is used a lot and at least one of the xml based formats eg, TTML. So it's there but just half baked. It puzzles me that companies like BM don't talk to people who use these things daily and take their input. It would save so much time.

ricardo marty

PostThu Apr 04, 2019 2:13 pm

Doing cc in premiere on a laptop or small screen is a pain.

Ricardo Marty
DVR_S 18.5, Asus ProArt PD5, 2.5 GHz i7 16-Core 64GB of 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM GeForce RTX 3070 1TB M.2 NVMe Window 11, LenovoLegion 2.6 i7 10750h 2.6, 64gb 3200mhz, rtx 2060, 1tb ssd M.2 Win 11 BenQ PD3420Q, Sony FS700R, Bmp4k, Sony A6700. PreSonus AudioBox

ricardo marty

PostThu Apr 04, 2019 2:18 pm

[quote="John Richard"]Adobe just put out their new Premiere Update.

Going thru the list of supported camera codecs and there still is no support for Braw.BMD should make a braw capable video assist so that non bmp users can record to braw and use resolve.

Ricardo Marty.

Ps I think that adobe is in bed with apple.
DVR_S 18.5, Asus ProArt PD5, 2.5 GHz i7 16-Core 64GB of 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM GeForce RTX 3070 1TB M.2 NVMe Window 11, LenovoLegion 2.6 i7 10750h 2.6, 64gb 3200mhz, rtx 2060, 1tb ssd M.2 Win 11 BenQ PD3420Q, Sony FS700R, Bmp4k, Sony A6700. PreSonus AudioBox

carlomacchiavello

PostThu Apr 04, 2019 8:49 pm

ricardo marty wrote:

Going thru the list of supported camera codecs and there still is no support for Braw.BMD should make a braw capable video assist so that non bmp users can record to braw and use resolve.

Ricardo Marty.

Ehm, do you understood what is a raw?
What is a braw?
Di you understood the fact that Blackmagic Design do like gift that other brand (Sony and canon to name someone) give you under higher cost?
Raw is not a codec is a big package of data from sensor and is not so simple to enable another device to record it easily.
Anyway braw is sensor related, how could you think is possible to enable a device x to record in different sensor ways?
Real raw data are linear 16bit data’s interpretate in log 12bit with different flavour in different raw compression and log curves, keeping many raw ability. It’s a simple recording step.
Why not ask to atomos to record an arri or red code? Which are like braw sensor related codec?
For free eventually...
Ask to AJA, to Sony, to Odissey to produce the same... and see the answers...

Denny Smith

PostThu Apr 04, 2019 9:23 pm

However, Carol, CDNG and BRaw, ProResRaw, and other Raw formats are a codec, they are just a minimalist codec, without much in camera processing, or burned in values.

Andrew, if Broadcast Video features are your main requirement, then you need to look at Avid, it was designed for the broadcast industry. Resolve is more of a Cinema industry program, with some broadcast features added.

Premier is trying to do both, and be a one-stop solution, and has the resulting compromises, and relies on plug ins to fill the gaps.
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

ricardo marty

PostThu Apr 04, 2019 10:13 pm

carlomacchiavello wrote:
ricardo marty wrote:

Ricardo Marty.

Ehm, do you understood what is a raw?
What is a braw?
Di you understood the fact that Blackmagic Design do like gift that other brand (Sony and canon to name someone) give you under higher cost?
Raw is not a codec is a big package of data from sensor and is not so simple to enable another device to record it easily.
Anyway braw is sensor related, how could you think is possible to enable a device x to record in different sensor ways?
Real raw data are linear 16bit data’s interpretate in log 12bit with different flavour in different raw compression and log curves, keeping many raw ability. It’s a simple recording step.
Why not ask to atomos to record an arri or red code? Which are like braw sensor related codec?
For free eventually...
Ask to AJA, to Sony, to Odissey to produce the same... and see the answers...

I perfectly know what raw is an i also know that premier in windows can decode and encode prores.
No other window nle can do that. And now no braw in premiere. Woner why?

Andrew Kolakowski

PostThu Apr 04, 2019 10:14 pm

Denny Smith wrote:However, Carol, CDNG and BRaw, ProResRaw, and other Raw formats are a codec, they are just a minimalist codec, without much in camera processing, or burned in values.

Andrew, if Broadcast Video features are your main requirement, then you need to look at Avid, it was designed for the broadcast industry. Resolve is more of a Cinema industry program, with some broadcast features added.

Premier is trying to do both, and be a one-stop solution, and has the resulting compromises, and relies on plug ins to fill the gaps.
Cheers

Don't like AVID. Premiere+Resolve+Edius is enough for me.
I know where Resolve is coming from, so this is why I don't try to use it for some of NLE tasks, as it's simply not there yet.
I need solutions which are well made/precise in what they do. So I like Premiere plugins as some of them are really good. I'm processing sometimes 100s of files per week, so I need automation and things like FCP XML etc, which I can generate automatically with Python. I have plenty of different tools (including those for 20Ks), but I never stick with one for everything. I always use best tool for the job. For example if I want to burn in subs and create some preview MP4 for the client I use ffmpeg (made simple website where I can just put paths to video and subs and press go). If I want the same, but do high quality master with burnt-in subs I use Premiere+EZTitles plugin as this gives me very precise control and it's proven solution (eg. I won't end up with raised subs not been raised).
Resolve goes in good direction. We need more openness to 3rd party as BM will never be able to deliver all what people ask. I think if companies will offer good plugins people will pay, even if Resolve is free.

John Richard

PostSun Apr 07, 2019 6:14 pm

Very disappointing.

Somehow my original "quote" got modified and misquoted. The above is what my original post stated, not what was later quoted in this thread and attributed to me. Was simply stating the fact that Premiere still does not have native support for the .braw codec in their just released update which is a disappointment for those of us who work within Premiere.

antoine

PostWed Jun 26, 2019 1:05 pm

Hi
You can use our plugin BRAW Studio ! Works for PPro and AME on both Windows and OSX
https://autokroma.com/BRAW_Studio/
BRAW Studio FREE and Premium for Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects, with a brand new Desktop .BRAW Player and Color Grader, as well as an automatic White Balance Color Picker tool

carlomacchiavello

PostThu Jul 11, 2019 7:45 pm

Andrew Kolakowski wrote:
We need more openness to 3rd party as BM will never be able to deliver all what people ask. I think if companies will offer good plugins people will pay, even if Resolve is free.

No, companies needs to start to develop better, resolve had a a standard OpenFx, a long time and well stable standard to develop plugins, but most of that company must develop again from scratch the plugins and prefer to not do.
Red giant did it, neatvideo did it, many others did it, not alls

John Richard

PostSat Jul 13, 2019 12:58 pm

And yet another Premiere Update dropped today still lacking native support for .braw.

carlomacchiavello

PostSat Jul 13, 2019 1:06 pm

John Richard wrote:And yet another Premiere Update dropped today still lacking native support for .braw.

Buy a plugin to support it, autokroma did it for win and Mac, work fine, faster and better than adobe support. Cost like two pizzas

MishaEngel

PostSat Jul 13, 2019 2:55 pm

carlomacchiavello wrote:
John Richard wrote:And yet another Premiere Update dropped today still lacking native support for .braw.

Buy a plugin to support it, autokroma did it for win and Mac, work fine, faster and better than adobe support. Cost like two pizzas

As demonstrated in this video.

Nick Heydon

PostSat Jul 13, 2019 5:11 pm

The problem with Autokroma is you need to buy 1 license for Premiere and another for Encoder, and they're both the same price. A deal breaker for my workflow as I often need to export multiple sequences over night, so I never bought it.

In my opinion, as someone with no experience programming, and with no idea how much work goes into making it, the Encoder plug-in should be a fraction of the cost of the Premiere one... or even buy both for a discount type deal.

John Richard

PostWed Jul 17, 2019 2:05 pm

And no After Effects capability with the plug-in as of yet.

We pay a monthly subscription that is advertised to include updated camera codec support. At this point in time it's hard to accept that not having support for the braw codec is keeping the commitment of supporting major camera codec updating.

MishaEngel

PostWed Jul 17, 2019 10:07 pm

John Richard wrote:And no After Effects capability with the plug-in as of yet.

We pay a monthly subscription that is advertised to include updated camera codec support. At this point in time it's hard to accept that not having support for the braw codec is keeping the commitment of supporting major camera codec updating.

Did you expect anything else from Adobe, they support the ones that pay and don't support the ones they get paid for not to support.

Jean Capdouzey

PostFri Jul 19, 2019 2:26 pm

Are BMD actually liaising with Adobe about this or just 'can't be bothered'??
Bonjour mes amis peu profonds ici
je déteste le narcissisme

roger.magnusson

PostFri Jul 19, 2019 6:03 pm

BMD released the API free for anyone to use. What more does anyone need? It's up to Adobe to implement it.

carlomacchiavello

PostFri Jul 19, 2019 10:51 pm

There is someone that give you a good software free and complete software with cameras that you can use to record braw, there is someone that wrote a plug-in with very low price to support on premiere and encoder the braw (I had plugins payed over 799$) when every month you pay same price to have for a single month license of adobe software (me too).
If not understand why so much moan about adobe lack on Blackmagic Design forums. Go to adobe website, there is a feature request section and ask to them.

Ask them why they add support about fee covered raw like red, arri, Sony that require to pay fee to add support and not add braw from Blackmagic which is free and simple to add.

antoine

PostTue Aug 27, 2019 10:25 am

Nick Heydon wrote:The problem with Autokroma is you need to buy 1 license for Premiere and another for Encoder, and they're both the same price. A deal breaker for my workflow as I often need to export multiple sequences over night, so I never bought it.

In my opinion, as someone with no experience programming, and with no idea how much work goes into making it, the Encoder plug-in should be a fraction of the cost of the Premiere one... or even buy both for a discount type deal.

Hi Nick,
Some don't realize it but it's not that easy to make an importer for Adobe Premiere Pro and Media Encoder. We are working hard on this and thought of having a cheaper price for people that only want one use case to be better; For example you can buy only the Media Encoder one, make proxies and forget about .braw and send your projects with proxies (or full res converted footages) to someone else without your colleague having to pay and use BRAW Studio
Regards
BRAW Studio FREE and Premium for Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects, with a brand new Desktop .BRAW Player and Color Grader, as well as an automatic White Balance Color Picker tool

antoine

PostTue Aug 27, 2019 10:27 am

By the way BRAW Studio was recently updated for BMPCC6K support :)

Return to Post Production