DeckLink Studio 4K Capture Card

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

bealtaine84

DeckLink Studio 4K Capture Card

PostSun Apr 07, 2019 1:28 am

I recently purchased a Blackmagic Decklink Studio 4K capture card. I chose this card as it is marketed specifically as the right card if you are working with a wide variety of analog video, as I am.
Does anyone know how I can enable my Decklink Studio 4K capture card to capture a full range signal and cease clipping the incoming signal to broadcast range? I tried adjusting input levels using Blackmagic Desktop Video. When I adjusted the input levels it allowed the white content to go outside of broadcast range, but not the black content.

I regularly work with artists and amateur film makers who were not shooting video within broadcast limits - often intentionally - and I need to be able to capture content that falls outside of broadcast range. This problem with Blackmagic capture cards only began following Desktop Video's update to version 10.6. From that point onward Blackmagic cards started clipping signals to broadcast range, despite the fact that they have the capacity to capture a full range signal.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks.

Return to Post Production