Keyboard Shortcut for Paste Insert Doesn't Work

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

baron_munchausen

Keyboard Shortcut for Paste Insert Doesn't Work

PostTue Apr 23, 2019 3:05 pm

Hey all,

So, as I'm sure is the case for many of you, I use the paste/insert command a whole heck of a lot while editing. Up to this morning, the keyboard shortcut that's assigned has worked great (shift-v, can't remember if that's the default or not).

But this morning, the keyboard shortcut — any keyboard shortcut — has stopped worked to execute the command. I've tried changing the shortcut, restarting Resolve and restarting my system, all to no avail.

The super-weird thing is that the command *works* when I select it from the drop-down menu. In other words, there aren't any settings in my timeline that might be preventing this action from being taken.

My gut says it's some kind of project corruption or preferences thing? But: HELP!

Thanks,

T

baron_munchausen

Re: Keyboard Shortcut for Paste Insert Doesn't Work

PostTue Apr 23, 2019 5:19 pm

I also just tried reinstalling Resolve. No luck!

Marc Wielage

Re: Keyboard Shortcut for Paste Insert Doesn't Work

PostThu Apr 25, 2019 6:41 am

I have occasionally had trouble with the ⌘C copy command and ⌘P paste command before in 15.3. Generally, the menu command will work every time, but not the shortcut. In some cases, the shortcut works fine, so there's some intermittent issue there. I haven't checked in 16 to see if this problem has been rectified.
marc wielage, csi • VP/color & workflow • chroma | hollywood

Return to Post Production