A new comers perspective to Resolve

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Pyrate

A new comers perspective to Resolve

PostThu May 02, 2019 8:19 pm

I dumped Adobe in December and was so happy to leave it behind after over 10 years.
Honestly after getting past the nodes thing, I still kick myself for not switching sooner.

Also this is not a dump on Black Magic Post. I personally love how they conduct business. Which is as important to me as products.
They are extremely gracious with the 300 buck price of Resolve Studio.

Here is my question.
Fusion studio users get resolve studio with their 300 dollar purchase.
But Resolve Studio users dont get fusion studio.
Curious as to why?

Not mad, I should have researched more and bought fusion for the deal. I did not do that, so that is a personal responsibility thing. At some point, I will pony up the additional 300 bucks and get fusion.
I would just like to understand the reasoning.

Secondly, I get the second screen options for resolve being locked down. Its sold at an incredible price to hopefully get users to buy hardware.
But if your on a laptop that does not offer the compatible Thurnderbolt config, you cant just go buy a decklink and move on. I would pay for an add on to do this, Is it something BM would consider.

Regardless keep rocking guys. I admire your business practice, and love your products. that is a killer customer combo.

roger.magnusson

Re: A new comers perspective to Resolve

PostFri May 03, 2019 7:49 am

New in Fusion Studio 16 is that it does work with a Resolve dongle.

There's a USB version of the Intensity Shuttle: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/intensity/techspecs/W-INT-02
I've heard it might be picky with which USB chipset it's used with, so if you buy one, make sure you can send it back if it doesn't work.

Return to Post Production