Green Screen settings for multiple clips

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

outlineboy

Green Screen settings for multiple clips

PostWed Jun 12, 2019 5:20 am

Hello... I'm teaching myself green screen for a project and so far it's looking really nice. The problem is that it's multiple clips and I'm finding I have to repeat entering the settings for each clip, especially the qualifier, and it's taking up a lot of time. The settings are basically the same for each clip.

Is there any way to copy or duplicate the green screen setting for multiple clips?

Thanks!!

JPOwens

Re: Green Screen settings for multiple clips

PostWed Jun 12, 2019 5:42 pm

Should be a simple matter of copy-and-paste the overall grade ( middle-click or stored still... there are a few optional choices) which should include setting up the alpha channel and output.

You may have to tweak the qualifier depending on the correction node concatenation, but that entirely depends on your grading strategy.

Try to set up your grades with modular corrections - restrict primaries to one node, secondaries to another, your eyedropper qualification, and so on. Whichever makes the most sense so that you can grade away without screwing up your matte consistency, and then play with the key while leaving your foreground plate intact. Typically, I try to set up a green screen modifier so that I can then proceed to grade the foreground using an "outside" power window so that I leave the matte alone, or separate it out so that I can try to improve or garbage-matte it.

jPo, CSI

Return to Post Production