Blackmagic Media Express says "Device not Connected"

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Zman9090

Blackmagic Media Express says "Device not Connected"

PostSun Jun 23, 2013 6:34 pm

Hi,
I've been using my Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle Thunderbolt for almost a year now and all of a sudden after the latest blackmagic update, Media Express won't recognize my device. I have everything plugged in correctly, the intensity shuttle lights up and my iMac recognizes it in the system information. However, when I open up Media Express to record, it won't, so then when I click device it says "No Device Connected" . Any help from anyone would be much appreciated, I've re-installed the drivers multiples times and tried almost all the archived drivers. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

clwinters

Re: Blackmagic Media Express says "Device not Connected"

PostWed Jun 26, 2013 2:41 pm

Hi,

I'm having that same exact problem. I've been using this IO for just under a year. A new firmware was installed on the Intensity Shuttle and no longer will display as a connected device in Media Express. And just like your situation, the Shuttle displays in system information. Like you, I installed every version of the software and even 5.2 that came with the hardware! This is a little frustrating and need a resolution.

I even tested the Thunderbolt port on the computer with an BMD Ultrastudio Record and it worked fine. Also, tested another thunderbolt cable and tried the Shuttle on a Mac Mini and still no dice. Just the Intensity Shuttle doesn't seem to want to communicate with any software although it displays as a system hardware device.

Here are my system specs if this helps:
Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac12,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 2.5 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 16 GB

Thanks for any help to get this back up and going again.

Chris

David Claverie

PostFri Aug 16, 2013 1:38 pm

hi
I have the same problem
on all my machine MAC different version not working
how can i test the ultrastudio express
always not setting required
Thanks a lot
David
BMD Atem Constellation 8K
BMD Atem 2 M/E Advanced panel 20
BMD Atem 1 M/E Production Studio 4K
BMD Atem Television strudio Pro 4K
BMD Atem Control Camera Panel
BMD Camera mini URSA
BMD Camera 6K
BMD Studio camera 4K
BMD Studio Converter

Zman9090

PostSat Aug 24, 2013 4:34 pm

I found a solution, but you guys probably are not going to like it. Since my device was still under warranty, I contacted BlackMagic and had it sent away for repair. Unfortunately, I had to pay for shipping and wait about 2 weeks to get it back. Also, apparently there is no fix because they just sent me a new Intensity Shuttle.

Return to Post Production