'Sidecar' and color profile

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

shahriyarali

'Sidecar' and color profile

PostSat Jun 22, 2019 4:45 am

My team recently switched to BMPCC4K and got color experts using Resolve for color grading. I love how easily we can use sidecars on Premiere Pro (using a plug-in for BRAW) and set clip settings simultaneously. Is there any way to load color graded profiles of each clip to make Premiere Pro & Resolve workflow more seamless? I know the XLS way of doing it but sidecar files work so quick and neat. Or, is there any better way to port color graded profiles to premiere pro from resolve to make our remote production faster?

antoine

Re: 'Sidecar' and color profile

PostWed Jun 26, 2019 1:17 pm

Hi,
What filters are you using in Resolve ? And what format / video codecs are you working on ?
If your'e working with .BRAW then RAW color params (not all filters are available but a subset of them) that are saved in the .sidecar can also be used in Premiere Pro with BRAW Studio (and vice-versa !) :arrow: https://autokroma.com/BRAW_Studio/
BRAW Studio FREE and Premium for Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects, with a brand new Desktop .BRAW Player and Color Grader, as well as an automatic White Balance Color Picker tool

Return to Post Production