Mini Monitor to Resolve Audio Output Not Working

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

MichelleSTC

Mini Monitor to Resolve Audio Output Not Working

PostWed Jun 26, 2019 2:51 am

Hey there,

I've been having this problem for 2 weeks now and I can't seem to find an answer. For some reason Resolve seems to have suddenly started outputting the monitor audio both extremely quiet, and with a slight doubling (out of sync) attribute. The audio meters read fine, and I seem to have this problem when monitoring through Media Composer as well. However the system audio (notifications, alerts and such) seems to output perfectly fine. I initially thought it wasn't outputting any audio however turning up the gain in resolve to the max has let me hear very soft audio as described above

I was initially doing this on Resolve 15.3 but uninstalled and went to 16b to no avail
Desktop Video driver was v10.4, installed the more recent 11.2, and still a problem
and for extra interest went from Media Composer 2018.6 to 2019.2 and again still seem to have this issue.
Running MacOS Mojave 10.14 on a 2013 Mac Pro which has had no issues until this appeared out of nowhere recently.

I've tried the usual solutions I've seen presented in the Video and Audio I/O settings in Resolve preferences but still no solution.

Does anyone have any idea why this could be occuring and what my solution may be?

Return to Post Production