Intensity Pro 4k jagged still frame output

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Stephen Buckley

Intensity Pro 4k jagged still frame output

PostSat Jul 20, 2019 1:12 am

Howdy, I wasn't sure if this is the right section to post in.

First off I am on a Windows 10 64bit system, still running the paid Resolve 12.5 (due to my current hardware limitations) with the Intensity Pro 4k output card. Yes, I will be upgrading to a new computer soon, but until then....

It has been great over the years, however, I've noticed now when color correcting the output appears as if the resolution is halved. This, of course, makes it difficult to determine sharpness or graininess or if noise reduction is too much, etc... This does not happen if I am playing back the timeline or even toggling thru each frame. But once I stop (so I can do a correction), it gets jaggy looking.

I did upgrade to the most recent version (11.1) of the Desktop Video Setup application. Which presumably is the cause, since that is the only real change since before. Has anyone else had this issue?

If anyone has any ideas of some other possible solution to address this, it'd be much appreciated.

Thank you!
Davinci Resolve Studio 18 - Windows 10 Pro - DELL 7910 Intel Xeon E5v3 @ 2.60GHz 12-core Tower Workstation with 96GB ram - GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 TI - 1300w PSU

Dave Johnstone

Re: Intensity Pro 4k jagged still frame output

PostTue Jul 23, 2019 11:02 pm

Hi,

It could be the Desktop Video setting for reducing field jitter when pausing interlaced files.

BMD DV Settings.png
BMD DV Settings.png (67.79 KiB) Viewed 696 times

Make sure it's set to "Display a full frame on video output".

Regards,

Dave.
Freelance Television Broadcast Engineer
and Software Programmer.

Return to Post Production