Black Magic 9.2.1 and Premiere 5.0.2 = crashes?

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

10engines

Black Magic 9.2.1 and Premiere 5.0.2 = crashes?

PostThu Sep 13, 2012 5:05 pm

Hey All,

Quad core Intel Xeon Mac
16 GB ram
OS 10.6.8
Premiere 5.0.3
Black Magic 9.2.1
Decklink HD Extreme 3

I wasn't getting any video out of BM until I updated to 9.2.1. But after I updated, my stable Premiere 5 started crashing left and right. I can open the project and a BM sequence. If I put the video in the sequence and play it, it plays out fine to my monitor. If I double click on anything in the Project window to put in it the source window PP crashes right away. I can usually double click on something in the sequence, and it will go into the source window and play over BM without crashing.
Otherwise, there are just alot of general crashes, not like there is any real pattern. Anyone else experience this? Kinda frustrating, cause I want to love BM and PP.

Thanks.

John

10engines

Re: Black Magic 9.2.1 and Premiere 5.0.2 = crashes?

PostThu Sep 13, 2012 5:27 pm

And just any FYI -

If i create a non-BM sequence in my project and edit out of that, all my crashing goes away.

Joshua Helling

Blackmagic Design

Re: Black Magic 9.2.1 and Premiere 5.0.2 = crashes?

PostThu Sep 13, 2012 5:31 pm

To be honest...I'd recommend you give one of the local support offices a call so we can troubleshoot.

I mean, CS5 should still work and the Decklink HD Extreme 3 is not that old. But we'd need more detail and want to check that everything is setup right. It sounds more like it could be an install issue if your first symptom was that you couldn't see anything out of the board.
Joshua Helling

Director of World Wide Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to Post Production