14 Studio free download

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Hoby Fleece

14 Studio free download

PostFri Aug 18, 2017 11:05 pm

I went to BM website and downloaded 14 studio public. I clicked to open and it asked for a dongle. Then it said there is a free download on the forum. Please direct me to the free download. I already have the 14 trial but, it does not have the lens correction tool I am looking for.
Thank You for your help.

Suhaib Siddiqi

Re: 14 Studio free download

PostFri Aug 18, 2017 11:21 pm

Hoby Fleece wrote:I went to BM website and downloaded 14 studio public. I clicked to open and it asked for a dongle. Then it said there is a free download on the forum. Please direct me to the free download. I already have the 14 trial but, it does not have the lens correction tool I am looking for.
Thank You for your help.

Davinci Resolve Studio is not free. Davinci Resolve (aka Lite version) is free. Go to https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support/, scroll down a little bit, you will see Davinci Resolve 14 Beta 7 after Studio version, on your left side column on the support page.

BTW: Lens correction is part of Studio version. You will get Watermark with Free version.

Hoby Fleece

PostFri Aug 18, 2017 11:28 pm

I would buy, the studio version but, there was not a check out menu?

Suhaib Siddiqi

PostFri Aug 18, 2017 11:34 pm

Hoby Fleece wrote:I would buy, the studio version but, there was not a check out menu?

There is no check Out Menu. You download the Free version and see if it works for you. Download the Studio version but do not install it. You can have a Free version or a Studio version, not both on the same system. BlackMagicDesign does not sell anything itself. You go to Amazon or BH Photo or wherever you are located, buy from the authorized dealer, they will ship you Dongle (it cost $299.00, which in my opinion is a very good price.) After you receive dongle, unistall free version and install Studio version. Amazon or BH Photo will ship the Resolve Studio 12.5.x but it's Dongle will work on DR 14 too. The final update of DR 14 will be a free update for DR Studio 12.x users.

Al Spaeth

PostSat Aug 19, 2017 3:41 am

Would be nice to have a free 14b Studio trial for 30 days to test performance and additional features as we can do with other NLEs. There are several differences between free and studio.
Al
Resolve 15.3 free Win 10 64bit

Return to DaVinci Resolve