14b7 quick thoughts

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Trevor Asquerthian

14b7 quick thoughts

PostSun Aug 20, 2017 11:03 am

MBP running 10.12.5. Very quick look at beta7 so far.

No way of getting between system/user preferences via keyboard (need to mouse click on ‘User’ or ‘System’)

No way of getting between left hand menu of preferences via keyboard shortcut (e.g. UI Settings/ AutoSave etc)

No indication when tabbing between individual preference options with keyboard (other than ‘Cancel’ & ‘Save’ or entryboxes). e.g. in Prefs/System/Hardware Configuration I can tab to get to the 'pre-allocated memory' entry box & see that I have done so, but another tab and I can toggle the first check box with the space bar but there is no red surround to the checkbox to indicate it is active.

‘Reload last working project when logging in’ doesn’t seem to have any effect - I still get the project manager window on restart.

Still no shortcut straight to keyboard mapping (although CMD+comma works if last viewed)

Select nearest clip (shift+V) - should cycle through video & audio clips under playhead (rather than just select V1 clip at playhead)

Some keyboard shortcut commands are not editable (e.g. S=editToggleSlipSlide) - if you try and use those shortcuts for another command then, understandably, they do not work. Workaround is to export a text file, remove duplicates, delete original keyboard set and reimport.

Subclips STILL have hard limits - doesn’t seem to be a way of trimming them beyond sub clip boundaries or match framing to originals.

Does not import audio only AAF from Avid Media Composer

Does not import media embedded in AAF from Avid Media Composer

PeterMoretti

Re: 14b7 quick thoughts

PostSun Aug 20, 2017 6:32 pm

Trevor Asquerthian wrote:...
Subclips STILL have hard limits - doesn’t seem to be a way of trimming them beyond sub clip boundaries or match framing to originals....

Subclip creates essentially a truncated source media file (which does have its limitations).

I suggest checking out the creating "subclips" from markers. It's very cool, and these subclips can be trimmed to any length/portion of the source media file.

Phil's post provides a link to a very helpful video about this feature:

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=62185&p=353159&hilit=ripple+training#p353159
Resolve 14.3 Studio. GTX 970 with GeForce 390.77 driver. Desktop Video 10.9.10. Intensity Shuttle USB 3.0. Windows 10 Pro.

Trevor Asquerthian

Re: 14b7 quick thoughts

PostThu Aug 24, 2017 10:54 pm

Thanks Peter - that works

Return to DaVinci Resolve