Beta 14 crash solved for me

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Alain Dumais

Beta 14 crash solved for me

PostTue Apr 25, 2017 5:55 am

I install 14 and it wont start,it crash when audioplugin is loading
I whent to config.dat and change the line

Local.Audio.VSTDirs.Count = 0

for

Local.Audio.VSTDirs.Count = 1

and restart resolve Beta 14 and now running fine ;)
Davinci Resolve 17.0
Microsoft Windows 10Pro
Intel 19-7900X 3.30Ghz 10 core
64 gig of Ram
2 X RTX2080 TI

Al Spaeth

Re: Beta 14 crash solved for me

PostTue Apr 25, 2017 3:41 pm

Thanks Alain :)
Resolve 15.3 free Win 10 64bit

Alain Dumais

PostTue Apr 25, 2017 5:40 pm

Al Spaeth wrote:Thanks Alain :)

Your welcome.

I have a lot of vst and Resolve try to load them all, so after I did this mod to config.dat, I have create a folder for the compatible VST and copy the vst plugin that I want in this older. For now, only Vahlalla reverb, whitch is a great reverb and this is something that is missing in resolve audio effect.
Davinci Resolve 17.0
Microsoft Windows 10Pro
Intel 19-7900X 3.30Ghz 10 core
64 gig of Ram
2 X RTX2080 TI

Graham Caverhill

PostTue Apr 25, 2017 7:07 pm

Thanks Alain,

I will try your fix tonight. I haven't used Resolve12.5 in a little while but have added a lot of VST plugs since last time using Resolve 12.5 and yesterday installed Beta of 14 and had the crashes on loading audio plugins.

I didn't know your fix at that time so I changed name of the offending VSTplugins folder and 14 opened fine. Too many plugins to take time to isolate issue so hope your fix works for me than I may create new plugin folder with plugs I want/need to use within Resolve and point Resolve to that folder.

BMD should work on ways to have Resolve open either by black listing offending plugins, or, after crash, not loading that plugin and starting up find. Some audio applications (Presonus Studio One and Cubase) work like this.

Ron Benvenisti

PostSun Apr 30, 2017 3:36 pm

I can't locate a config.dat, except in the recycle bin! Any ideas? :?:

Seems like Resolve only looks in the default VST install folders:

C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VstPlugins and C:\Program Files\VstPlugins

It crashes with:

WaveShell-VST 9.7_x64.dll

ReValverHPSEx64.dll

I dread pointing Resolve to my other VST folders. It may crash hundreds of times!!!!! I'm not going to move them or rename them and break all my other VST hosts. :o

I'm afraid that if I add another VST folder inside of Resolve it might crash and burn and then when I try to start it again it keeps the folder settings and Resolve is screwed. :?

PLEASE find an more eloquent way to deal with this. All my other VST hosts do. It can't be too hard. In the meantime I have to sideline resolve. Too bad. It really looks like a great program. :idea:

Ron Benvenisti

PostSun Apr 30, 2017 4:21 pm

I added one other VST folder and at least with some VSTs it gives the option to abort but when it hits one it doesn't like... crash and burn. So now how do I remove the VST folder I added so at least it will start. I still can't find that mythical config.dat folder. Also the manual says that when a VST folder is added, the VSTs are supposed to show up in the window underneath so you can disable or enable, that doesn't happen. Sidelining Resolve til this is umm, Resolved.

Ron Benvenisti

PostMon May 01, 2017 7:11 pm

I found the config.dat file in the ProgramData\Blackmagic\Resolve folder and deleted the reference to the VST folder that was causing the most problems. It loads up but I have to rename the plugins from Izotope and Waves (which crash Resolve) it's a problem.

HerrFabels

PostTue Aug 22, 2017 10:01 pm

I have the same problem, but changing the Line in config.dat doesn't help at all.. still crashes on audio plugin loading screen.. I really don't know what to do anymore.. there have been 4 new beta versions and i can't open one of them.. the strange thing is, i already could work with it liek a month ago.. but over night.. without any changes, it just won't open anymore.. I am pretty desparate..
CPU: i7 - 5820K CPU @ 3.30 GHz
GPU: GeForce GTX TITAN X
RAM: 32GB

Return to DaVinci Resolve