Resolve 14beta5 studio interface issue

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

David Leask

Resolve 14beta5 studio interface issue

PostTue Jul 11, 2017 9:22 am

I have noticed a big change from beta4 to beta5 in the interface. I do most of my work on a laptop with a 15" screen and GTX1070. While on the edit tab, because of limited screen real estate, I typically use a single viewer and make the viewer as large as possible. I leave only the absolute minimum necessary space to see and use the timeline. This prevents me from constantly having to review my work using Ctrl-F (fullscreen). With beta5 I can only drag the viewer spacing slider (grab tool) to roughly 2/3 of the way down the screen. In beta4 it behaved exactly like 12, 12.5, 12.56, and 14beta1-4. I cant find the change documented anywhere. Is there a way to return the interface to the way it has been for the last 10 versions? Because I cannot make the viewer big enough to see detail in beta5 I'm back to the constant usage of Ctrl-F which at least seems slower and more cumbersome. I prefer to only use Ctrl-F when I am coloring and not have to mess with it while editing. Thanks in advance and my apologies if this is some simple setting or checkbox I have missed.
-David

Kudos to the devs on fixing the auto detect of data levels, the audio pops, the crashing with film convert, and also improving timelapse and color stabilizer (which was already amazing).

Is there an official place for suggestions? I'd like to create a compound clip, stabilize it, then decompose it in place and have the stabilize info remain with the individual clips. (So I don't have to sit there tediously stabilizing multiple clips)

Return to DaVinci Resolve