OBS to Resolve 14 Beta Choppy Audio Playback

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Bret Houghton

OBS to Resolve 14 Beta Choppy Audio Playback

PostTue Jul 18, 2017 4:17 am

Alright so I've been searching the internet for maybe 2 hours now and can't find a solution to this.
Importing the footage that I recorded with OBS Studio directly into Resolve 14 Beta results in stuttering/choppy audio playback, however it works flawlessly in Resolve 12.5.
I tried running the clip through Handbrake and it somehow fixed it even though the files are pretty much the same when it comes to settings with the exception of video resolution.. both have multiple tracks, both are using AAC, and both are MP4 files. Now this would be all fine and dandy, however I cannot set Handbrake to output 2560x1080 resolution (which would be preferable).
This is just a convenience thing, but it would be nice to be able to just import the OBS recordings without having to go through another program.

My problem being this: Choppy/stuttering audio playback in Resolve 14 Beta but not in 12.5.. I'd appreciate any help you can give me.
PS. I come from Adobe Premiere and I've never had this problem with it, I figure there has to be a way to make it work in Resolve.

Daz Wood

Re: OBS to Resolve 14 Beta Choppy Audio Playback

PostSun Jul 23, 2017 12:30 am

I was getting this tonight when testing DR beta 14(5) too. I did find it would play ok for 1 or 2 seconds then get very choppy. I ran out of time testing so I am not 100% sure but I was thinking it could be something to do with the playback resolution settings.

If I play back from the Fairlight page it sounds fine with no chopping.
Thank you

Daz
Davinci Resolve Studio Version
ASUS Strix GL702ZC 17" laptop. AMD Ryzen 7 1700 (Desktop CPU), 32GB DDR4, Storage 256GB M.2 SSD, 2TB SSD, 4GB RX 580, Win10

Return to DaVinci Resolve