Can't Drag FX to Node

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Gary Groth

Can't Drag FX to Node

PostTue Jul 18, 2017 10:10 pm

Just installed Studio 14b5 on Windows machine being that I'm semi between projects. It opened a 12.5 project perfectly. I am really interested in some of the Resolve FX particularly Face Refinement.

I cannot drag any FX plugin whether it's Resolve, Sapphire, etc. onto a node or connection line. I tried other projects, different video formats and none work.

While loading up some different formats I also found that I cannot drag a clip from the Source playback window in EDIT to the timeline.

I CAN however drag a clip on the timeline and move it elsewhere on the timeline so I know my left mouse button is working.

I'm out...back to 12.5 unless someone has a quick miracle fix to get D&D working.

Gary

Marc Wielage

Re: Can't Drag FX to Node

PostWed Jul 19, 2017 4:26 am

Hardware? RAM? Source file format? Resolution? GPUs?

14B5 is working OK for me under Mac OSX 10.12.3 on a Trashcan Mac with dual GPUs. Tried out several OFX filters and am midway through a new project.

What happens if you start a new project from scratch and bring in just one short clip as a test?
marc wielage, csi • VP/color & workflow • chroma | hollywood

Gary Groth

PostWed Jul 19, 2017 4:51 pm

I'm on a Windows 8.1 Pro, 64bit, dual processor, 2.3GHz, 64GB RAM.

I did not try a new project but I tried multiple projects with various source file formats including XAVCI (MXF) 4K and HD from Sony FS7, 23.98 and 29.97 MP4 HD from GoPro and even tried some downloaded Quicktimes.

I did have to cut the cord though and jump back to 12.5 for a job starting this afternoon so no more trouble shooting for me. It literally felt like the left mouse button was not working.

Thanks for the feedback. I guess I'm waiting for it to come out of Beta.

Marc Wielage

PostThu Jul 20, 2017 3:14 am

Are you sure you're using Resolve Studio? The OFX plug-ins do work, and the type of material (even under Windows 8.1) shouldn't affect the final results.

I think BMD is strongly suggesting Windows users switch over to 10 for Resolve 14.
marc wielage, csi • VP/color & workflow • chroma | hollywood

PeterMoretti

PostThu Jul 20, 2017 7:36 am

I can drag Resolve FX's onto nodes in 14b5 Studio running on Windows 10.
Resolve 14.3 Studio. GTX 970 with GeForce 390.77 driver. Desktop Video 10.9.10. Intensity Shuttle USB 3.0. Windows 10 Pro.

Return to DaVinci Resolve