Beta7 keeps autoloading wrong project

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Ilu Tedesco

Beta7 keeps autoloading wrong project

PostThu Aug 17, 2017 2:22 pm

After installing beta7 after uninstalling of beta6 I went thru a couple of crashes at startup when having checked "reload last working project when logging in". So I deleted the Resolve preferences and did a fresh install again after uninstalling beta7. This time Resolve was autoloading the last project when doing a restart.

After switching to a different project and working in it for a while I saved it and quit Resolve. After a restart Resolve autoloaded the first project again and keeps doing it at any restart without "seeing" that I switched to a different project. I can change the project to whatever I want - Resolve just loads the first one.

Anyone else having this or is it me and my wrong understanding of the function?

Ilu

UPDATE:
After creating a new user I found this:

When setting up a new project and checking the "auto load" - option Resolve writes the name of file correctly into

/Resolve Disk Database/Resolve Projects/Users/xxxx/Configs/User Default Config.xml

I can verify this by opening the xml with Textwrangler.

After that on any closing of the app with any other project loaded this file IS NOT UPDATED anymore.
Whatever I open up - the file name does not change.

For now I stay with having this option unchecked...

Freelanced Colorist, Berlin

MacBookPro, Mod. 11,3, macOS 10.12.6, MicroPanel
Last edited by Ilu Tedesco on Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tomek Sadowski

Re: Beta7 keeps autoloading wrong project

PostThu Aug 17, 2017 5:06 pm

Yes, same problem here.
Resolve Studio 17.2.2 | Speed Editor 1.4 | Win10Pro 20H2 | i9-9900KS | GTX1070 (462.59) | 32GB RAM

Return to DaVinci Resolve