GenArts Monsters for Fusion

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Thomas Martin

GenArts Monsters for Fusion

PostFri Apr 20, 2018 11:26 am

At present the Fusion plugins do not work on the Fusion page of Resolve. I guess this will be fixed in one of the next few releases. However, even in Fusion 9 standalone one of the classical Fusion plugins does not work anymore, the famous Speedsix Monsters, the latest version was GenArts Monsters GT OFX v7.01. I have absolutely no idea how difficult this could be but if it is possible to reintegrate them again, I would be very happy.

Dermot Shane

Re: GenArts Monsters for Fusion

PostFri Apr 20, 2018 2:32 pm

i have a monsters licence dateing back to 5d, i totaly forgot about it, would not hold my breath tho, most of the effects are in Saphire now anyway

Thomas Martin

PostFri Apr 20, 2018 3:40 pm

Of course, most of it is in Sapphire, but I still have a license for the latest Monsters, not for Sapphire.

Anyway, the Monsters load in Fusion but make it crash when applied in the flow. My point is, since the plugin support seems to get an overhaul I just hope it becomes a bit more flexible to reuse this but also other OFX plugins currently not supported.

Chad Capeland

PostFri Apr 20, 2018 4:45 pm

Thomas Martin wrote:Of course, most of it is in Sapphire, but I still have a license for the latest Monsters, not for Sapphire.

Anyway, the Monsters load in Fusion but make it crash when applied in the flow. My point is, since the plugin support seems to get an overhaul I just hope it becomes a bit more flexible to reuse this but also other OFX plugins currently not supported.

Hopefully BMD can get more native plugins developed so this isn't an issue moving forward. OFX is far from a stable development target.
Chad Capeland
Indicated, LLC
www.floweffects.com

Return to DaVinci Resolve