Audio clip warping?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Umberto Uderzo

Audio clip warping?

PostMon Jul 16, 2018 8:09 am

Hi all!

Yesterday i had to sync a walking person audio clip with a muted video clip so i looked for some audio effects clip and tried to warp it to match the person steps in the muted video.
And i failed. The fairlight page on the Blackmagic Resolve product page states there is a "warp" effect but i couldnt' find anything in the Fairlight page and/or audio effects page that can resemble this feature.
Don't know if the "warp" word is used with the meaning of "simple stretching audio clip length without pitch shift" or the more "subdivide the audio clips with markers then stretch each single section length without pitch shifting" which is what i'm looking for and what i'm used to use in Ableton Live (but it's so annoying to switch over Live just for this simple task).

Anyway, i coudn't find how to perform even the simplest task. And i couldn't find an extensive documentation of the Fairlight tools. The user manual looks like it's in development and the tutorials you find on youtube are nearly all clones of the same basic stuff.

Any hints please?
Thanks!

Return to DaVinci Resolve