BUGs in ADR

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

David Cherniack

BUGs in ADR

PostSat Jul 21, 2018 5:59 pm

1) After record the software doesn't throw the Record track into Playback mode. To listen to a take you have to manually switch off the track record button

2) Beep track does not seem to work. I patched it according to the v15 NF guide.

3) The text for a cue that has been recorded to, and the takes list does not persist between Resolve restarts.
David
Resolve Studio latest build
Windows 11 Pro
Decklink Mini Monitor 4k
Intel i9 7960x @ 4 GHz
Thermaltake Floe Riing 360 Water Cooler
Asus x299 Prime Deluxe
64GB 3333 Corsair Dominator ram
1 EVGA RTX 3090 XC3 Card
Areca Thunderbolt3 12 drive Raid

Reynaud Venter

Re: BUGs in ADR

PostSat Jul 21, 2018 6:15 pm

David Cherniack wrote:After record the software doesn't throw the Record track into Playback mode. To listen to a take you have to manually switch off the track record button
Which monitoring mode are you in? (Fairlight > Input Monitoring Style)

You may be in Input mode, perhaps switch to Auto mode.

Beep track does not seem to work. I patched it according to the v15 NF guide.
The “Beep to In Point” section of the ADR panel's Setup tab doesn’t appear to be functional in beta 6 on my OS X systems.

“Beep at In Point” though is functional in all betas.

The text for a cue that has been recorded to, and the takes list does not persist between Resolve restarts.
Haven't experienced this issue.

David Cherniack

PostSat Jul 21, 2018 8:30 pm

Reynaud Venter wrote:You may be in Input mode, perhaps switch to Auto mode.

It made no difference. The record track stays in Record after recording

The 'beep to in' does work if no tracks are in solo. If both the record and Beep tracks are solo'd there's no beep to in nor a beep at in.

Patching:

I use channels of my Mackie as mic-in and system sound chip in. I have to have to mute the system sound in channel while recording in order not to get a feedback loop. This was never an issue recording in Samplitude. If there a patching logic in Fairlight to get around this I haven't yet found it.
David
Windows 11 Pro
Decklink Mini Monitor 4k
Intel i9 7960x @ 4 GHz
Asus x299 Prime Deluxe
1 EVGA RTX 3090 XC3 Card

Reynaud Venter

PostSat Jul 21, 2018 8:56 pm

David Cherniack wrote:It made no difference. The record track stays in Record after recording
The Record Track will remain record enabled, but in Auto monitoring mode, you are able to listen to the captured Take without having to disarm the Record Track first.

The 'beep to in' does work if no tracks are in solo. If both the record and Beep tracks are solo'd there's no beep to in nor a beep at in.
No tracks are ever solo'd when recording Cues (no reason for them ever to be), yet “Beep to In Point” isn’t functional on my systems since beta 3, and “Beep at In Point” has always been functional.

Patching:

I use channels of my Mackie as mic-in and system sound chip in. I have to have to mute the system sound in channel while recording in order not to get a feedback loop. This was never an issue recording in Samplitude. If there a patching logic in Fairlight to get around this I haven't yet found it.
No issues on my systems using Merging Hapi units with Merging's Premium VAD driver.

David Cherniack

PostSat Jul 21, 2018 9:41 pm

David Cherniack wrote:No issues on my systems using Merging Hapi units with Merging's Premium VAD driver.

I've just handling it at the Mackie mixer level with soloing the mic channel on record and the computer audio output channel on playback.
David
Windows 11 Pro
Decklink Mini Monitor 4k
Intel i9 7960x @ 4 GHz
Asus x299 Prime Deluxe
1 EVGA RTX 3090 XC3 Card

Return to DaVinci Resolve