EQ UI shows up blank 20% of the time.

• Author

Matt Heere

EQ UI shows up blank 20% of the time.

PostSun May 19, 2019 6:32 pm

This has been a problem for me since DR14, and it's still happening in 16b2. This happens when I'm on the Fairlight page. I double click the EQ graph for one track in the meters panel (bottom right). The EQ window opens, but the only content in the window is on the line with the EQ enable/disable switch. I have the dropdown for EQ type (which as an aside - what is the point of this selection?) and the label for the Gain slider. From there on down the entire window is blank.

If I restart Resolve, it'll open up fine for a while, but once it goes blank only a restart will fix it.

I'm on Win 10 with an NVIDIA 970 running a 4K desktop. Latest and greatest software across the board, but as I said this is a long standing issue for me so it's happened across many Win 10 builds and Nvidia driver versions.

Will Howard

Re: EQ UI shows up blank 20% of the time.

PostMon May 20, 2019 4:54 am

I can say I haven't experienced that on either Windows or Mac.

But to answer your question the EQ Type lets you choose between four different "flavors" of EQ. Not really straight emulating specific models but the general characteristics like shelf shapes and Q behavior. The default is best for most post work. Ice seems more like a vintage analogue EQ that is nice on music. I sometimes use the others on VO.

Reynaud Venter

Re: EQ UI shows up blank 20% of the time.

PostMon May 20, 2019 7:28 am

Matt Heere wrote:I have the dropdown for EQ type (which as an aside - what is the point of this selection?)
Each "EQ Type" provides a different EQ curve, as represented on the transfer function of the Fairlight EQ.

Illustrated are the parametric and shelving filters, representing the bandwidth and gain variation between "EQ Type" presets with identical centre frequency, gain and quality factor settings.

EQ curves.gif
EQ curves.gif (141.49 KiB) Viewed 58 times

Return to DaVinci Resolve 16 BETA