16.1.2. Bug Report Workspace, Dual Screen, Primary Display

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

konzuko

16.1.2. Bug Report Workspace, Dual Screen, Primary Display

PostSun Jan 12, 2020 1:40 am

Been having issues since the beginning when using dual monitors.
If I select monitor 1 as my primary display, the full timeline will be on monitor 2 and my source monitor on monitor 1. This is fine.

However, I will then go into the colour tab and monitor 1 won't be where the source monitor is anymore, it will have moved to monitor 2.

I then have to go into workspace>primary display>monitor 2 and I can get the source monitor back to where I want it. That is until... I go back to the edit page, and it's on monitor 2 instead.

This must be a bug, right? I'd like the workspace monitor and timeline placement to stay consistent in all tabs, especially because one of my monitors in old and ****, and has a tint on it that means i can't grade on it.

The other alternative is for resolve to remember the placements for each 'cut', 'edit', 'fusion', 'colour', and 'fairlight' tab individually, so it doesn't revert whenever you bounce between each one.

Return to DaVinci Resolve