DAVINCI 16 | Big feature request list.

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

BrianDors

Re: DAVINCI 16 | Big feature request list.

PostWed Feb 06, 2019 8:39 pm

John Paines wrote:
But you can.... Hit cltr+pgup to load the timeline in the source viewer into the main timeline interface Mark the section you want to patch into the actual timeline. hit Ctrl+pgup again, to bring back the working timeline. Then find the insertion point and f9 or f10. Too cumbersome?

Or am I still missing it? I don't think I understand your explanation of how it's working in Avid.

Ctrl_PgUp swaps the monitors and timeline and makes no distinction between if you are on the working timeline or the one you loaded up into the source. The playhead is still red.

Furtermore this only works with timelines, it doesn't even function with clips loaded into the source.

In the most simplistic way to describe this lol
- Resolve does not allow you to only swap the timeline view of source/record.
- The current Ctrl+PgUp function only works with timelines and not clips.. while also not making a clear distinction with the play head as it remains red.

on another note.
I'm looking for this setting Walter is talking about.. but can't seem to find it.
Last edited by BrianDors on Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WIN10
GA-Z170X-UD5 TH w/ Thunderbolt 3
i7-6700K @4 (OC'ed to 4.4) water cooled
64GB RAM @2400
GTX 1080Ti - 417.35 - DirectX12
1TB 970 EVO NVMe PCIe M.2
Resolve Studio 15.2.2

John Paines

PostWed Feb 06, 2019 8:45 pm

Okay, I think I get it now. Sort of. Walter is (I think) referring to the shortcut "q" which toggles keyboard and playback focus between source and viewer, which (I gather) won't work when source and viewer are ganged. Which may not be quite what you wanted(?)

BrianDors

PostWed Feb 06, 2019 9:01 pm

John Paines wrote:Okay, I think I get it now. Sort of. Walter is (I think) referring to the shortcut "q" which toggles keyboard and playback focus between source and viewer, which (I gather) won't work when source and viewer are ganged. Which may not be quite what you wanted(?)

Nope, lol.

Q just changes "focus" between source and record. It's as if you were just clicking on the monitors with a mouse.

I'm requesting the ability to just change the timeline to show what is the source (left) or record (right) monitors.

Ctrl+PgUp sort of does this, but it swaps the monitors and the timeline together.
- It only works with Timlelines, not clips
- Does not have a distinction between what it is (ie source or record)
WIN10
64GB RAM @2400
Resolve Studio 15.2.2

John Tissavary

PostThu Feb 07, 2019 10:57 pm

A few items:

1) In the color page, when user clicks on any clip - be it in the timeline or clips window, playhead jumps to 1st frame of clip. That's fine when paging through clips one after the other, but when working with stacked clips for compositing, it's a serious bummer.

I would like either a user preference or keyboard modifier to keep the playhead in the same place on the timeline when switching stacked clips. Resolve has the info - i.e. where the playhead is on the timeline - so that should be cake.

2) Access to the layer mode & opacity controls for each clip from the colour page.

Quite often with cgi heavy stuff I request all the passes (ambient, amb occ, diffuse, specular, shadow, etc...) and stack them with layer modes on the timeline. This allows me to fine-tune in realtime with playback for client sessions. Currently doing that requires jumping back and forth between edit and color.

3) It would be HUUUGE for me to be able to pop back and forth between a compound clip and its contents from the colour page, that way I can do overall colour on the compound clip, jump into the contents and grade individual layers in the comp, then jump back out and tweak overall colour, etc...

Really useful for this kind of workflow, and the time it would save during client sessions would really be appreciated.

thanks (for now) !
John Tissavary
colorist
the post collective

Joshua_G

PostFri Feb 08, 2019 12:33 pm

Feature request:
With every new upgrade of resolve, the installation puts 2 new icons on the Desktop (Windows):
One is 'Davinci Resolve Project Saver' linked to "C:\Program Files\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve\Resolve.exe" -ps.
The second is 'Resolve' linked to "C:\Program Files\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve\Resolve.exe".

The very same icons, linked to the very same file, were on the Desktop before, from the previous version. The icons from the previous version are now greyed and so is the 'Resolve' icon on the Task bar. One needs to manually delete the previous icons from the Desktop and empty the Recycle Bin, unpin the 'Resolve' icon from the Task bar and pin again the new one. Tedious and unnecessary.

It would be much better if Resolve installation file would at least ask the user whether one wants to create icons on the Desktop, or not.
DaVinci Resolve Studio (latest stable) / Windows 10 Pro x64 / AMD 1920X / 32GB RAM / RX Vega56 8G.
BMPCC 6K + BMPCC 6K Pro.
Retired electronics technician and sound engineer, long-time amateur photographer, beginner hobbyist filmmaker for personal uses.

Lance Phillips

PostFri Feb 08, 2019 1:04 pm

Working on a Mac when transferring files from an external hard drive or USB stick onto my computer. I can’t eject them whilst Resolve is running. I need to shut down Resolve, eject the disk and then start up Resolve again which is a colossal time waster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks

Lance Phillips
Blackmagic Design Certified Trainer
www.physicalfolk.org.uk

enottingham

PostFri Feb 08, 2019 5:32 pm

It's such a simple and useful feature in other NLE's and I can't believe my beloved Davinci Resolve doesn't have it. While the Media page offers several options for sorting thumbnails, I wish it would also allow me to sort/arrange them manually; dragging them on the page to create an assembly that could then just be copied or dragged directly to the timeline. I realize that clips can already be sorted once in the timeline but it's a hassle to do. The manually sort method is more intuitive and time-saving.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-02-08 at 11.28.48 AM.png
Current DR sort options
Screen Shot 2019-02-08 at 11.28.48 AM.png (101.92 KiB) Viewed 9960 times

John Paines

PostFri Feb 08, 2019 5:51 pm

enottingham wrote:It's such a simple and useful feature in other NLE's and I can't believe my beloved Davinci Resolve doesn't have it. While the Media page offers several options for sorting thumbnails, I wish it would also allow me to sort/arrange them manually; dragging them on the page to create an assembly that could then just be copied or dragged directly to the timeline. I realize that clips can already be sorted once in the timeline but it's a hassle to do. The manually sort method is more intuitive and time-saving.

To this I would add, the ability to manually (and effortlessly) order any data in the Media pool, at any level, whether bins or clips. The current somewhat limited ability to move bins manually ("user" option) has always been frustrating, with the interface often fighting against or forcing hierarchy changes.

DrPheelgood

PostSat Feb 09, 2019 10:01 pm

Timeline Zoom/Scrub without Alt or Option key press.

I was fighting with what I thought was a bug with Windows 10 and Resolve not zooming on the Timeline by using the Alt Key and Mouse Wheel. Tech Support told me that they were not experiencing the issue, but I was finding it on three different Windows 10 computer.

Final, I discovered that the action depends on where the cursor is sitting.

Cursor on the clip, Alt (Option) - Scroll Wheel = Zoom.

Cursor on the Timeline Indicator, Alt (Option) - Scroll Wheel = Scrub Timeline.

Suggestion - What is they just got rid of the Alt/Option key press requirement and just made it where you place the cursor?

Robert Jones

PostTue Feb 12, 2019 11:38 am

The most important feature I would like to see is that the color page nodes act the same as the Fusion node page.

The node area of fusion is so much kinder to large comps, where as the color page node area quickly feels full with just a few nodes. This is something I have wanted change from the very beginning of Resolve, as I came from Autodesk Smoke, the node area was always very expansive. And I noticed that Fusion has a very robust and elegant way of dealing with large comps in the node area.

Greetings,
Robert
Ventura 13.5.2
Resolve 18.6.4 Studio
Radeon RX 580 8192 MB
Mac 5.1 2,66 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 32 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Caldigit Pro HD, 8TB

Diede van Vree

PostTue Feb 12, 2019 3:40 pm

If we could get a shortcut to
"open the next clip from bin in the source-viewer"
that would be a great way to go through all of your footage in the edit page and making selects.
Windows 10 2004, Resolve Studio 17, Nvidia Studio 457.30
Intel 9960x (16C/32T), 128gb RAM, 1080 GTX 8GB
Mobo: Asus 299x TUF Mark 2

franciscovaldez

PostTue Feb 12, 2019 4:11 pm

Subtitle track style.

Save track style to be able to recall for new timelines or projects. Instead of having to manually recreate the desired style each time.
MacBook Pro 13"
M2
UltraStudio 4K

Mac Pro
2.7 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5
64 GB 1866 MHz DDR3
AMD FirePro D700 6 GB

leesumners

PostTue Feb 12, 2019 7:09 pm

Hello,

I have a few ideas. I use Resolve to generate dailies on set.

1.) Freeing up Program - I would love to see Resolve freed up when you're exporting. Because I use Resolve to generate dailies, I typically have many timelines. I would love the ability to use the program while renders are happening. Once you hit the "Start Render" button, any timelines you have in the queue could (and should) be temporarily locked, until all renders are completed. I know performance will be knocked down.

2.) Changing the default naming convention in exporting stills from the Gallery. The default is "Untitled". I would love the ability to change the default...for example, in my case it would be to "Stills Album", but another useful name could be "Source Filename" or "Timeline Name" or "Reel Name". Anything would be better than "Untitled".

3.) Automating stills exports - I would love the ability to export all stills in a project by right clicking the folder(s) and selecting something like "Export all stills". I typically have anywhere from 3 to 15 stills per folder, and 10 to 30 folders. I get carpel tunnel going through each folder, selecting all stills, right clicking "Export", deleting "Untitled" and replacing it with the folder name, selecting .jpeg, setting the target, then hitting export. If I could selecting all the folders at once and do an Export All with default name being the Folder name, I would d be in heaven.

That's all I have. Thank you!

Marc Salvatore

PostWed Feb 13, 2019 6:08 am

Suggestion - What is they just got rid of the Alt/Option key press requirement and just made it where you place the cursor?[/quote]

Would love this at least as an option in preferences. It's how Vegas has always worked. If they could improve the zooming that would be great too. Vegas is so darn smooth and easy to move around the timeline. Resolve is somewhat clunky in comparison.
Last edited by Marc Salvatore on Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ASUS X99-A/USB 3.1 / i7-5820K / 64gb ram / NVidea 2070 Super / Windows 10 / Resolve Studio / Speed Editor

Jim Simon

PostWed Feb 13, 2019 3:46 pm

DrPheelgood wrote:What is they just got rid of the Alt/Option key press requirement and just made it where you place the cursor?

I would not like that. I prefer the current behavior.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

BrianDors

Re: NLE Timeline Options

PostWed Feb 13, 2019 4:56 pm

I'm gonna take another stab at the viewing options and add some things I think would help with the timeline.

1. Toggle Timeline view between Program Monitor and Source Monitor

timeline.png
timeline.png (329.76 KiB) Viewed 9863 times

If we were able to view the source monitor in the timeline viewer we could be able to scrub and pinpoint our In/Outpoints with ease instead of performing this task in the monitor. Swap Timeline and Source Viewer only works when a timeline is loaded into the source and it is also a bit convoluted. The monitors do not need to be swapped. Only the timeline itself. When the timeline swap occurs, just changing the color of the play head would simply indicate "hey your looking at what is in your source now"

2. The Track Selection and Lock (RED) is in the middle of the track options. If this was on the level as the track name OR pushed over to the far right close to the timeline it would make selecting these options a lot faster. Whenever we're in a crunch it's nice to have this option more... easily accessible.

3. The Track patching (YELLOW) is a bit convoluted to be displayed this way. I understand it, but it would make a bit more sense to have this in a column by itself to the left of the actual timeline tracks. It wouldn't take up much screen real estate to do so. When you have something loaded with multiple tracks it makes patching more difficult in this current state.

track org.png
track org.png (22.36 KiB) Viewed 9863 times

4. Would it be possible to add track sync locks? I have a general feeling this is possible a different way, maybe there is a resolve way I'm unaware of, but that would be nice to have. Locking the track.. Kind of? has the similar effect but it's not the same.

5. Can scaling the waveform without scaling the audio track be a possibility? I understand the waveform right now displays dynamically in relation to it's decibel level, but it would be nice to increase the waveform size without having to increase the track size. It allows searching for audio ques a lot easier.
5a. To caveat on the audio track waveform display.. It displays in one direction. Would it be possible to make it a setting so it sits mid track and shows the waveform going in a bidirectional manor, since this is how wave forms are generally displayed?

Going to end with a question....

What's the setting to splice timeline A into timeline B and not have timeline A be collapsed (nested)?

Thanks BMD team, you guys are great.
WIN10
64GB RAM @2400
Resolve Studio 15.2.2

Oli Koos

PostWed Feb 13, 2019 7:31 pm

Output different elements of a fusion comp with separate output nodes and import them as separate input nodes in the color page to grade the elements separately and recombine them with a layer mixer in the edit page.
Alternatively show all the merge outputs (from the fusion page) in the timeline view in the color page so that they can be graded separately that way.

Update: first suggestion actually does work, but it is more complicated then it needs to be. For example you need to mask an element that has a transparent background or it will think the background is black instead of transparent.

Jim Simon

PostWed Feb 13, 2019 8:55 pm

BrianDors wrote:If we were able to view the source monitor in the timeline viewer we could be able to scrub and pinpoint our In/Outpoints with ease instead of performing this task in the monitor

You don't need to load a timeline into the Source Monitor. Just open both that timeline and the one you're editing into.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.

John Paines

PostWed Feb 13, 2019 9:52 pm

Jim Simon wrote:
BrianDors wrote:If we were able to view the source monitor in the timeline viewer we could be able to scrub and pinpoint our In/Outpoints with ease instead of performing this task in the monitor

You don't need to load a timeline into the Source Monitor. Just open both that timeline and the one you're editing into.

No, that's not what he's talking about. It's actually an interesting suggestion: the ability to view whatever's in the source viewer, whether clip or timeline, on a timeline proper without actually swapping what appears in either viewer. It's just a graphical aide, to see the source material in a larger and more flexible display, for review and selection, which just happens to be the timeline interface. It's as if you could ask to system to give you a secondary timeline, to view linearly what's in the source monitor.

It could prove to be a great convenience.

Cyril Perrot-Botella

PostWed Feb 13, 2019 10:41 pm

IN COLOR

- Shortcut for navigate in pre goup, clip, post group and timeline
- shortcut for add in to new group, add in to current group and remove from group
- Export prores for PC
- Boost contrast
- Openfx for Rolling shutter
- Big flotting windows for curves custom for more precision like old version of Davinci
- Possibility to move up and down powergrade album in gallery
- Possibility to move up and down the groups in the list on the left
- Image wipe with rotate, like fusion
- Drag and drog the clip in the group on the left
- Possibility to change the name and delete group, directly in the list on the left, like powergrade album

- Possibility to cancel grab all stills and grab missing stills
- Possibility to change parameter in camera raw, in mode clip, for all clips selected in the same time
- In Display node graph clean node graph
- Grab still (Master) with all, pregroup, clip, postgroup and timeline
- In preference user, possibility to choose stabiliser for default
- Save and name selection of multiple clips selected, for used with ripple node changes to selected clip and append node to selected clips
and it's like use multi group in group

- Beziers and curves on keyframe timeline
- In timeline keyframes the same name that the node
- in timeline keyframes navigation like tracker windows, keyframe by keyframe
- On the slider on the bottom of the viewer, display keyframes for the node selected,
like the marker on the slider on the bottom of the viewer in edit, and color for keyframe actived or not actived.
- Active and desactive keyframes for all fonctions, like inspector in Edit

- In preference User add activate or desactivate (and mask) fusion, color and fairlight on the bottom !

THXXXXXX ;)
Last edited by Cyril Perrot-Botella on Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cyril Perrot-Botella C.S.I
www.cyclopephotographie.com
Ryzen threadripper 3970X 4.3GHz
Liquid Cooler EVGA CLC 360 with 3 Noctua
Gigabyte Designare TRX40
Corsair vengeance LPX-254GB-DDR4-3200MHz
ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3090 Ti 24GB
DeckLink Mini Monitor 4K

BrianDors

PostWed Feb 13, 2019 11:36 pm

John Paines wrote:No, that's not what he's talking about. It's actually an interesting suggestion: the ability to view whatever's in the source viewer, whether clip or timeline, on a timeline proper without actually swapping what appears in either viewer. It's just a graphical aide, to see the source material in a larger and more flexible display, for review and selection, which just happens to be the timeline interface. It's as if you could ask to system to give you a secondary timeline, to view linearly what's in the source monitor.

It could prove to be a great convenience.

This is exactly what I am talking about. The other requests kind of revolve around this. I'll use a clip for now but for instance (or an example):

Once this view option is added you can audition a multi-track clip on the timeline from the source side and decide on which tracks you want to splice in. Then via my #3 be able to patch those tracks to their desired destination on the timeline with more ease. Possibly in a whip/line function like connecting nodes. It's visually easier than dragging tracks around.Then with track sync locks #4 you would be able to insert the track(s) in with or without effecting certain tracks. If the /track selection/lock/(newly added) tracks sync lock selectors were further to the right #2, this process would also be more streamlined.

The ability to scale waveforms and have them bi-directional is purely cosmetic as well, but it would help auditioning a multi-track clip easier without having to scale.. Let's say 8 tracks of audio. In this new view option, of course.

I asked a question, which I think may have been over looked because of tabbed and stacked timelines, but is there a way to splice a timeline into another one without having it collapsed (nested). throwing a timeline up in the source and slapping the entire thing down on the timeline un-nested is a lot faster than stacking timelines and box selecting or shift selecting all the clips to click and drag... In my opinion. If there is no way, I guess I will force myself to the longer way, ha!
WIN10
64GB RAM @2400
Resolve Studio 15.2.2

John Paines

PostWed Feb 13, 2019 11:58 pm

BrianDors wrote:I asked a question, which I think may have been over looked because of tabbed and stacked timelines, but is there a way to splice a timeline into another one without having it collapsed (nested)

There's an option in the drop-down Edit menu, "decompose compound clips on edit", or something like that. Select it. I think there used to be dragging modifier which did the same thing, but I don't see it now.

BrianDors

PostThu Feb 14, 2019 3:00 am

John Paines wrote:There's an option in the drop-down Edit menu, "decompose compound clips on edit", or something like that. Select it. I think there used to be dragging modifier which did the same thing, but I don't see it now.

Thank you, and thank you for your response before. I think with what you said and my follow up, it is really clear now!
WIN10
64GB RAM @2400
Resolve Studio 15.2.2

tonknisity

PostThu Feb 14, 2019 9:34 am

The ability to specify a separate file path for Optimized Media.

That way, when not connected to a large/fast disk array, my high bit-rate ProresXQ media doesn't have to be read then cached to the same drive when using things that are disk and processor heavy like temporal NR or other OFX that work better when caching is enabled.

It just seems like having both the cache and OM in the same location is just asking for a HDD bottleneck, and defeats the purpose of having media on a separate drive as your cache like in all other NLE's and creative software.

Thank you!
Seth Tonk | Colorist | Burbank | DC-Creative.tv | Tonknisity.com

Daniel Probst

PostThu Feb 14, 2019 10:47 am

Hi,

please add the ability to select and mix different audio-angles in a mulitcam sequence.

I want to adjust and mix different Mic-angles seperately...

The following video discribes the problem perfectly.

"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPIUylCVi5g&t=7s"

Thanks a lot!!!
DR 18.6.5 Studio | AMC Ultimate 2024.02 | AVID Artist DNxIO | HP Z8 G5 Fury, Xeon W7-3465X, 128 GB RAM, RTX ADA 5000, Win11 Pro, Nvidia Geforce 551.61, Desktop Video 12.8, Continuum, Sapphire, Mocha Pro, MonoNodes, Dehancer, Neat Video, Topaz, OmniScope

samcrut

PostTue Feb 19, 2019 7:46 pm

On 15, the render presets don't save the render destination with the preset. I'm on a movie and want to do one set of renders for dailies with a LUT to the Dailies folder and then render out some proxies for the editor without the lut in a Proxies folder. I just ran the two render jobs back to back picking my preset for each, and the 2nd render job burned over the first job because the destination didn't switch with the preset. Grrr.

When saving a custom render preset, please allow the destination to be saved with it.

waltervolpatto

• Location: 1146 North Las Palmas Ave. Hollywood, California 90038 USA

PostTue Feb 19, 2019 9:27 pm

samcrut wrote:On 15, the render presets don't save the render destination with the preset. I'm on a movie and want to do one set of renders for dailies with a LUT to the Dailies folder and then render out some proxies for the editor without the lut in a Proxies folder. I just ran the two render jobs back to back picking my preset for each, and the 2nd render job burned over the first job because the destination didn't switch with the preset. Grrr.

When saving a custom render preset, please allow the destination to be saved with it.

+1
W10-19043.1645- Supermicro MB C9X299-PGF - RAM 128GB CPU i9-10980XE 16c 4.3GHz (Oc) Water cooled
Decklink Studio 4K (12.3)
Resolve 18.5.1 / fusion studio 18
GPU 3090ti drivers 512.59 studio

psychfilms

Re: DAVINCI 16 | Ability to view FONT style

PostTue Feb 19, 2019 9:36 pm

I would like to be able to see a visual representation of all the FONT styles when making a title and click on the drop-down list of available fonts. Not sure why this has been left out of the software.

waltervolpatto

Re: DAVINCI 16 | Ability to view FONT style

PostTue Feb 19, 2019 9:42 pm

psychfilms wrote:I would like to be able to see a visual representation of all the FONT styles when making a title and click on the drop-down list of available fonts. Not sure why this has been left out of the software.

+1
W10-19043.1645- Supermicro MB C9X299-PGF - RAM 128GB CPU i9-10980XE 16c 4.3GHz (Oc) Water cooled

Jim Simon

PostTue Feb 19, 2019 11:02 pm

samcrut wrote:the render presets don't save the render destination with the preset.

I wouldn't expect it to, as presets are frequently used to export to many different folders. It'd be a right pain having to change that destination every time I clicked a preset. Whereas now you only need to change the destination when you need it changed.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.

Jim Simon

PostTue Feb 19, 2019 11:04 pm

Daniel Probst wrote:I want to adjust and mix different Mic-angles seperately.

In that case, you're better off leaving them out of the multicam. Use only cameras with multicam, add the audio underneath.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.

Jim Simon

PostTue Feb 19, 2019 11:06 pm

tonknisity wrote:The ability to specify a separate file path for Optimized Media.

Go to the Working Folders section of the Master Settings tab in the Project Settings.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.

waltervolpatto

PostWed Feb 20, 2019 7:51 pm

Jim Simon wrote:
samcrut wrote:the render presets don't save the render destination with the preset.

I wouldn't expect it to, as presets are frequently used to export to many different folders. It'd be a right pain having to change that destination every time I clicked a preset. Whereas now you only need to change the destination when you need it changed.

Yes but at the moment it present a random last location.

Nathan Morgan

PostWed Feb 20, 2019 11:37 pm

Jim Simon wrote:Daniel Probst wrote:
I want to adjust and mix different Mic-angles seperately.

In that case, you're better off leaving them out of the multicam. Use only cameras with multicam, add the audio underneath.

I think that is the problem. Multicam audio is so broken that you are better off not to use it.

Really hoping this gets overhauled in the next version. Lack of proper working multi-cam audio is a real detriment to professional editing workflows.
PC: Resolve 18.0.1, WINDOWS 10, GTX 3090
Desktop Video 12.0
(All bug reports etc. are PC unless specified.)
Mac: Mac Studio M1 Ultra, Resolve 18.0.1, 12.4

Jim Simon

PostThu Feb 21, 2019 3:50 pm

Nathan Morgan wrote:I think that is the problem. Multicam audio is so broken that you are better off not to use it.

That wasn't really my thinking behind the suggestion. I recommend leaving separate audio out of the multicam so that it's easier to access when mixing. That would remain true even if multicam creation were fixed.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.

Jim Simon

PostThu Feb 21, 2019 3:51 pm

waltervolpatto wrote:at the moment it present a random last location.

I haven't seen that behavior here. It always sticks for me. I only need to change it once with each new project.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.

Nathan Morgan

PostThu Feb 21, 2019 5:48 pm

Jim Simon wrote:That wasn't really my thinking behind the suggestion. I recommend leaving separate audio out of the multicam so that it's easier to access when mixing. That would remain true even if multicam creation were fixed.

Wouldn't a better system be that you could mix with the multicam audio? Keeping audio separate through the process is not a valid professional editorial workflow.
PC: Resolve 18.0.1, WINDOWS 10, GTX 3090
Desktop Video 12.0
(All bug reports etc. are PC unless specified.)
Mac: Mac Studio M1 Ultra, Resolve 18.0.1, 12.4

Jim Simon

PostThu Feb 21, 2019 9:37 pm

Nathan Morgan wrote:Wouldn't a better system be that you could mix with the multicam audio?

I don't think so. You'd essentially be mixing inside the multiacm clip. I think it's better not do that.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.

Jim Simon

PostSat Feb 23, 2019 7:35 pm

I'd love to see the actual/intended file name of exported timelines (Single Clip) added to the display on the Deliver tab, next to the file location.

Deliver File Name.png
Deliver File Name.png (6.96 KiB) Viewed 9323 times

Like So:

New Feature.png
New Feature.png (7.85 KiB) Viewed 9306 times
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.

AdamHood

PostSat Feb 23, 2019 9:21 pm

AUDIO TRACK BASED EFFECTS AND MASTER BUS EFFECTS.

When working with stereo tracks, including the master bus:

1) The Compressor LEFT AND RIGHT can’t be unlinked. This results in the stereo image becoming more MONO when the signal gets compressed or limited. If there is something that hits the threshold on the left, it compresses the right as well. This results in reduced stereo width. Please add a “stereo link” toggle on the compressor. The tools sound really great but this is no good.

Adam

Ognjen Mihovilić

PostSun Feb 24, 2019 5:44 am

Hi,

it would be great if we could choose which side of the clip is selected after cutting a clip. Now, when you cut a selected clip both sides get selected so this adds and extra click to the editing process which is anoying.

Also, sync clips to multicam sequences option would be great. And when making a multicam clip to have all audio tracks immediately available when putting the multicam clip on timeline.
Apple Macbook Pro 16" M1 Max
64 GB Memory
32 Cores GPU
2TB SSD
Davinci Resolve Studio 18.6

roger.magnusson

PostSun Feb 24, 2019 10:07 am

Jim Simon wrote:I'd love to see the actual/intended file name of exported timelines (Single Clip) added to the display on the Deliver tab

Agreed. Not seeing the filename in a list of files being rendered always makes me think I made a mistake and will be overwriting files. Not good for my blood pressure.

Hakim Craddock

PostSun Feb 24, 2019 1:56 pm

The biggest feature i would like to see is STABILITY. less crashing, less bugs, autosave before a crash if you guys feel as though Davinci Resolve wont be complete without random crashing.

I would be happy with just stability.

Jim Simon

PostSun Feb 24, 2019 2:33 pm

Hakim Craddock wrote:autosave before a crash

I find Resolve overall pretty stable for my work, but for those occasional crashes, Live Save has saved my butt every time.
Last edited by Jim Simon on Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.

Hakim Craddock

PostMon Feb 25, 2019 1:10 am

Jim Simon wrote:
Hakim Craddock wrote:autosave before a crash

I find Resolve overall pretty stable for my work, but for those occasional crashes, Live Save has saved my but every time.

Live save? i will have to look into that. I get crashes atleast ounce per session.

franciscovaldez

PostTue Feb 26, 2019 2:15 pm

Color space change or transforms on the delivery page.
MacBook Pro 13"
M2
UltraStudio 4K

Mac Pro
2.7 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5
64 GB 1866 MHz DDR3
AMD FirePro D700 6 GB

MadPanic

PostTue Feb 26, 2019 4:22 pm

Metadata

1. Custom search filters that can contain multiple expressions and ability to group so you can have "any do the following" and not this, or these. Also an exclusive or would be useful.

2. Customisable metadata fields for all sections.

3. Allow audio metadata to import more than just 8 tracks from iXML enabled audio files. It's really annoying when only the first 8 are used and you lose the last two!

4. Have ability to flag / colour code, or mark (like good / used etc) marker regions. I use duration markers to mark various in / out sections (effectively clips) and when editing it would be super useful to see if they have been used or at least allow a meta tag to be displayed in the media window.

5. Be able to edit metadata in the media browser list (when in Media page or edit page).

6. Enable disclosure triangles to all be opened or closed and enable saving window sets on the media browser. If you have 40 clips with duration markers for example, you have to manually expand all the clips, then if you go to another bin, and come back, you find they have all rolled up and you have to do it again...ARRRG!

7. Goto marker Would be handy if a short cut brought up a dialog that autocompletes to allow you to search on the timeline for either marker names or clip names.

8. From media pool, Find in timelines would be nice or be able to report where clips or sections have been used.

That's it for now, although I'm sure I'll think of some more!!
DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.6.5 build7, MacStudio M2 Ultra 128Gb, OSX Sonoma,10TB SSD (2TB, & 2x 4TB). URSA Broadcast 6.7, BMPCC 6K, Cubase 13

Jim Simon

PostTue Feb 26, 2019 4:47 pm

franciscovaldez wrote:Color space change or transforms on the delivery page.

Seems like that would break the currently very well organized flow of things. Kind of like asking for an Audio Mixer on the Color page.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.

waltervolpatto

PostTue Feb 26, 2019 4:50 pm

Jim Simon wrote:
franciscovaldez wrote:Color space change or transforms on the delivery page.

Seems like that would break the currently very well organized flow of things. Kind of like asking for an Audio Mixer on the Color page.

I agree with the request: if I am finishing for theatrical P3DCI color space and i have to export a bt1886 for editorial, at the moment i have to modify the timeline or the settings or both in order to do a simple export: having the same ofx transform in export will avoid that.

Jim Simon

PostTue Feb 26, 2019 4:55 pm

waltervolpatto wrote:i have to modify the timeline or the settings

Exactly. Keep those controls where they belong.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
PreviousNext

Return to DaVinci Resolve