Issues with the Beta 15 Editing and color

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Alexandre Westphal

Issues with the Beta 15 Editing and color

PostFri Apr 20, 2018 8:46 am

Hi all,

Just to sum up the issues I had with the beta 15 in color and editing tabs

- Playback is laggy and either the picture stops at every dropped frame (often), either (if I tell Resolve to not stop the playback at eached dropped frame), the picture gets way delayed because the sound doesn't stop (I am working with synced sound from an external sound recorder). Generating optimized media didn't change anything to that. Tried with different media type but most noticable is with Xavc media (even with optimized media).

By the way, I don't know if it is a bug, but with synced sound, when I export an xml of my timeline to Premiere for exemple, the external wav file synced with the video is not referenced at all in the xml so premiere sees only the internal sound of the camera (which is not very good).

Regarding the sound aspect I would love to have the opportunity to make a match frame only on the external synced sound to have the possibility to recall only some ambiance tracks or whatever other tracks I need. This is a very convenient thing in Avid that all the Assistant editors use a lot.

- crash very often in trim mode (dynamic trim unusable).

I am on Windows 10.
Working with an i7 4770k and a GTX1080 with 32Gb of RAM.

Otherwise, new option like multiple timeline make it very very effective.
www.embelliefilms.fr

Return to DaVinci Resolve