Short Term Feature Requests for v16 Final

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Oli Koos

Short Term Feature Requests for v16 Final

PostTue Apr 09, 2019 9:57 am

Hi,

Here is my short term feature request list for things that I think should not wait for v17 and should still be integrated into the final build of v16.

- Make Zoom shortcuts persistent over the different pages. At the moment in the Edit/Color page it is cmd + mouse wheel while in Fusion it is ctrl + mouse wheel. That makes no sense.

- Edit Page has a blade icon to cut, while Fairlight has a scissor. (why?) (in cut page it has yet again a another name (cut) and icon, so three different icons and three different names for the same tool!

- In Fusion some (if not all the new) effects do not show up in the effect library, while they do in the shift space search bar. Also, why not also integrate a search function in the effect library as it is the case in the Edit and Color page.

- Fusion, please bring back the picon-images for the effects that used to be in Fusion standalone 9, makes it so much easier for a new user to get to know what the effects do

- Edit, please bring back the contextual duplicate timeline function (right-click on a timeline clip in the media pool, timeline - duplicate timeline (plenty of space there and it will not confuse anybody).

- color page, please bring the fabulous spline editor from Fusion to the color page. The color page keyframes need some real love. You can not do any splines, as you can do in the Edit or Fusion page, and this is again inconsistent.

- Edit Page, Text tool, do we still need both? Maybe make the old text tool only available in the options by checking, "enable legacy text tool"

- As a personal opinion, I would not activate the Cut page on default while this page is still in such an early stage. Curious users could still activate it in the workspace - show page menu.

- The Cut page could fill up an entire forum topic, but I think Bins should also be consistent as it is in the Edit Page. At the moment it does actually slow us down if we do want to use a Bin workflow in the Cut page.

v16 is a good build, great work as always, but it could use some more consistency.

Return to DaVinci Resolve