Frame.IO clip does not load

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Oli Koos

Frame.IO clip does not load

PostFri Apr 26, 2019 10:11 am

Hi,

I uploaded a long video of 3h34min45sec length via resolve (on windows 10), but it does not load and it does not show any preview images.

It is compressed in h265 in PAL 720x567 resolution in 25p.
Davinci said that the upload completed successfully. I reuploaded a smaller portion of the timeline with the same settings and that worked.

The support from Frame.Io said " I can see that the transcoding of the file failed. Blackmagic Design built a native Frame.io integration with DaVinci Resolve 16 Studio using our API. Since the integration hasn't been built internally, you will need to contact Blackmagic Design support for assistance. A few users had the same issue and contacting their support will be the best solution as they should be able to fix this for you. "

Does anyone have an idea why the bigger clip makes these problems? thanks for help

roger.magnusson

Re: Frame.IO clip does not load

PostFri Apr 26, 2019 12:57 pm

Here's the other thread on the same subject: viewtopic.php?f=32&t=89532

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostFri Apr 26, 2019 10:41 pm

Yes, and note this part of that thread:

Can you please recreate your issue and send us a log?

Capture logs - viewtopic.php?f=21&t=71894
Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

Oli Koos

PostSat Apr 27, 2019 7:43 am

Here is the Log https://drive.google.com/open?id=1QA7qX ... Ar41JualS6

I rerendered the clip and uploaded it manually to frame.io. It's still transcoding but seems to work since it is already showing a preview. I will try to link it to my timeline once it is up. I think that will be a workaround for now, for longer files. (Keep in mind that it is a rerender that seems to work, so I can not really say if the first render would have worked if uploaded manually. But it was rendered with the same settings)
Antonio from Frame.io says if this works that it would confirm that there is a problem with the API.

Oli Koos

PostSat Apr 27, 2019 8:30 am

Update: Okay the clip is now viewable at frame.IO (or in resolve if I go to the cloud folder). However, I can not link the clip to the timeline. If I try to do so, resolve does not give me any feedback if it worked or not, but I can tell that frame.io markers are not communicating ( the timeline has not changed since I uploaded).

Oli Koos

PostSun Apr 28, 2019 8:30 am

Update:
I have a simple theory about what is going on. If I render manually without the frame.io template I have more options and can make the file smaller than 2GB (I am still on the free frame.io account to test this out). However if I upload it with the frame.io template, I noticed that the cache file is larger than 2GB. Resolve does not give me a clear error message about this. It just told me this time that the upload failed.

This still does not explain the relink issue that I am having with a manual upload and the Resolve timeline.

Oli Koos

PostWed May 01, 2019 9:53 am

Just wanted to confirm that uploads of long clips also faile with the PRO subscription of frame.io Which is proof that the 2GB limit is not the cause for the upload failure.

Oli Koos

PostMon May 06, 2019 5:16 pm

the problem has been solved for me in beta2

thank you :)

Return to DaVinci Resolve