Dual Screen causing Beta7 to crash

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

PeteHolz

Dual Screen causing Beta7 to crash

PostMon Aug 12, 2019 12:16 am

Running R16B7, updated my GTX1070's in SLI to Nvidia studio drive 430.71. When I opened Resolve I would receive an application not responding notice once I opened a project, I also tried creating a new project to see if the problem was my existing project but it was not. I use dual-screen layout with a full-screen timeline as my secondary screen but when I launched after the driver update the secondary screen would show up but my primary screen would not and the beta 7 would immediately not respond. I tried the "wait for application" option but beta 7 would never respond and restarting, uninstalling and reinstalling beta 7 did not work either. I also did a clean install of the latest game ready driver(did a clean install of the driver) thinking studio driver might be the issue and have had some success but that only came after closed out of resolve and unplugged two of my monitors to force resolve to do single monitor. Any time I tried to switch to a dual-screen configuration the same problems would arise. While working with Single screen and not dual screen is not the end of the world this still appears to be a bug either caused by Nvidia or something with resolve.

System:
Win 10 x64
AMD Ryzen 7 1700
Ballistic 16gb 2666 ram
GTX 1070 FE x2 in SLI
Asus Rog Strix X370-F Gaming
Attachments
DaVinci-Resolve-logs-20190811-200729.zip
(128.92 KiB) Downloaded 88 times

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: Dual Screen causing Beta7 to crash

PostMon Aug 12, 2019 4:19 am

Can you remove the SLI?
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

PeteHolz

Re: Dual Screen causing Beta7 to crash

PostMon Aug 12, 2019 2:01 pm

Sure thing, will try that now

update: removed the SLI bridge and launched beta 7, was told there were no Cuda GPUs attached(turned out to be a driver update that was needed for the cards). Still cannot do dual screen, for whatever reason the on button under dual screen is greyed out but I was able to click on full-screen timeline. Side note that doesn't directly has to do with resolve...I still have both GPU's plugged into my mobo but only one of them is being recognized by both resolve and the system(if anyone has an idea on why that might be I'm all ears)

Return to DaVinci Resolve