16.1 B1 - BUG - Only Clip Metadata showing

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

David Skok

16.1 B1 - BUG - Only Clip Metadata showing

PostThu Aug 15, 2019 2:16 am

I wanted to test the Sync Bin feature, so shot the same scene from several different cameras. I went to try to change the Camera # metadata in the Media Page, but found that I was only able to see the Clip Metadata. The drop down menu that is supposed to show the different types of Metadata only had one option: Default.

So then I went to the User Preferences and saved a new Metadata preset that included all the Angle metadata fields. That now showed up in the Properties drop down, but it still only shows the Clip Metadata, and not the other fields.

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: 16.1 B1 - BUG - Only Clip Metadata showing

PostThu Aug 15, 2019 6:43 am

Are u on the media page?
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Jim Simon

PostThu Aug 15, 2019 3:25 pm

I think David is looking at the three dot menu. He needs to click the drop down arrow next door.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

David Skok

PostThu Aug 15, 2019 7:31 pm

Peter, yes I was on the Media Page. It turns out that Jim Simon was right. I was using the three dots menu item, and I should have been using the Down Arrow that is to the right of that. This is unfortunately not terribly intuitive. But I am very grateful to have had this solved. Thanks to both of you for your responsiveness.

Return to DaVinci Resolve