Resolve 16.1 OFX masking issue

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Sarasota

Resolve 16.1 OFX masking issue

PostMon Aug 19, 2019 6:03 am

Greetings,

I've been experiencing an OFX plugin issue since migrating from v15.3 to 16.1 and wondering if anyone else can confirm if they have this issue (and possible fix / work around if available - Many thanks in advance - much appreciate).

The issue: Masks in Color Page display a drop in gamma within the softened areas of the mask when using third party OFX plugins. I've tried this with several plugins with equal results.

(1). Nobe color remap.
(2). Ignite.
(3). False Color.

Notes: This issue is not present when using Resolve's native OFX plugins (only the ones listed above). I've rolled back video drivers a few versions and back again without change, and, the issue is present regardless of footage type (still or video).

Images Below: 1080p 50/50 Still Image (Google Stock Image / 255 White).

My Logs: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kxu1uW ... sp=sharing
Resolve Studio 18.5.1 | Asus Proart MB | i9 10850k | 128gb ram | Gigabyte RTX 3080 | Decklink Studio 4k 6G | *1x RME UFX+ | 1x MOTU 24i/O | 2x MOTU 896MK3 | 1x MOTU 828MKII | Win 11 Pro | Display Driver: 546.33 SD | Audio Drivers: v1.21-TB

Tomasz Huczek

Re: Resolve 16.1 OFX masking issue

PostWed Nov 06, 2019 3:09 pm

The issue is caused by the fact that in the previous versions Resolve ignored the alpha channel output from the OFX plugins. Now in 16.x that changed and if the plugin is not handling alpha channel properly you will see similar results to the ones attached above.

Fixes for False Color and Nobe Color Remap are coming this week.
Thanks for posting.
timeinpixels.com

Return to DaVinci Resolve