Add Midi Tracks

• Author

markpratt

Add Midi Tracks

PostFri May 05, 2023 1:12 pm

I've commented on a previous issue related to audio but think this should be called out in a separate and concise feature request.

Davinci Resolve hightlights ADR, built-in Foley library, and many other features related to Audio in the Fairlight tab of Davinci Resolve. It already supports VSTs and AUs. That's great.

But what Davinci Resolve is missing is proper Midi tracks. Midi tracks can be used to trigger and automate, with precision, VST/AU sound effects libraries and even song sequences. By extension the Fairlight Control Panel, which highlight it's utility in creating automations, will also become more useful if midi automations for things like volume are supported.

Other software that Fairlight competes with such as Nuendo, popular in the ADR world for example, has support for Midi Tracks.

Thanks for considering adding Midi Track support in a future version of Davinci Resolve.

Michel Rabe

Re: Add Midi Tracks

PostFri May 05, 2023 1:20 pm

That indeed would be fantastic.
+1

burakyak

PostWed Apr 17, 2024 4:16 pm

I love Blackmagic, I love my BMPCC4K! I love Davinci Resolve! I stopped using Premiere Pro and Nuke/After Effects after having my studio license. I only leave Davinci Resolve for CGI and composing music. CGI is another world but Fairlight is very capable of music creation except MIDI.
It is the only thing that Resolve / Fairlight is lacking of!

Just, please, please add MIDI tracks!

gavin_lucas

PostFri Apr 19, 2024 1:42 pm

would be great +1

Return to DaVinci Resolve Feature Requests