Stabilizer "Opacity"

• Author

brandonthomas

Stabilizer "Opacity"

PostFri Apr 19, 2024 10:27 pm

I'd love to be able to keyframe the Stabilizer strength so I can easily transition in and out of the stabillzier.

Something like Clip/Frame mode here would be desirable, where I could then change all parameters globally or just for certain keyframes and have the software interpolate from there.

Marc Wielage

Re: Stabilizer "Opacity"

PostSat Apr 20, 2024 12:09 am

I have never tried that before, but you can vary Strength in the parameters and I'm almost positive it's key-frameable.

In cases where I have to make an abrupt change in stabilization method, I'll split the clip and use one kind of stabilization for the first half, and another kind of stabilization for the second half. And if necessary, I use the PTZR reframing controls to fix any resultant bumps on the cut. With patience, it can be done.
Certified DaVinci Resolve Color Trainer • AdvancedColorTraining.com

SandroSchreiber

PostSat Apr 27, 2024 6:50 pm

I would love to have the ability to keyframe the strength slider of the stabilizer!

I have never tried that before, but you can vary Strength in the parameters and I'm almost positive it's key-frameable.

I assume you mean the parameter on the color page? I have just tested it. A keyframe is actually generated if you change the strength parameter when keyframing is activated. But nothing changes. The strength value is only applied when the stabilize button is clicked and then applies to the entire clip.

Especially with longer clips, a small perspective distortion often ruins the whole stabilized shot and you have to reduce the strength. For such cases, an animatable slider would be really handy.

+1
Resolve Studio 18.6.6 | Resolve Mini Panel | Win11 23H2
GeForce RTX4090 (552.22 studio driver) | DeckLink Mini Monitor 4K, Desktop Video 12.8.1

Marc Wielage

PostSun Apr 28, 2024 3:10 am

SandroSchreiber wrote:I assume you mean the parameter on the color page? I have just tested it. A keyframe is actually generated if you change the strength parameter when keyframing is activated. But nothing changes. The strength value is only applied when the stabilize button is clicked and then applies to the entire clip.

If that's the case, then it's not keyframable. My workaround would be what I suggested above: use different kinds of stabilization, with different settings, and split the clip up into different segments.

It's very possible that Mocha or some other more sophisticated VFX-based stabilization could do more. Given that there's at least 8 different kinds of stabilization available on the color page (including 4 different modes of Classic Stabilization and Interactive mode).

Would I like to see more parameters that are keyframable? Totally, agree 100%. +1.
Certified DaVinci Resolve Color Trainer • AdvancedColorTraining.com

Return to DaVinci Resolve Feature Requests