Workspace setups like premiere

• Author

rhewes

Workspace setups like premiere

PostMon Jul 03, 2023 10:04 pm

It would be nice to be able to move the inspector to a second monitor, and have the source and timeline windows open as well as the inspector. Also, when editing a multiclip, the source monitor should default to the multiclip view. As it is now, you must reset it every time you reopen the viewer.

Tim Lota

Re: Workspace setups like premiere

PostThu Jul 06, 2023 12:55 pm

+1

AndrewKeil

PostFri Jul 07, 2023 11:53 am

I'd love to see a dual screen mode that allowed the secondary screen to become a customisable modular layout, much like in Nobe Omniscope (see attached screen grab).

• The screen divided into 2, 4, 8 even 16 windows, then drag and drop tools into them from the primary display.

• Windows resizable with multiple layout options.

• Ability to save custom layouts (obviously).

• While this would be useful in all pages, it would excel in the Colour page imo, what with so many tools being hidden by tabs. Just thinking what a timesaver it would be to be able to separate out the curves window tools alone.

• I use a 13" iPad a lot as a 3rd screen for expanded scopes/colour warper/curves and media pool with open in new window enabled. So an option to detach the modular layout screen as a floating window thereby allowing the second screen to be used as in v18 would be great too.
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-07-07 at 12.45.42.jpg
Screenshot 2023-07-07 at 12.45.42.jpg (400.75 KiB) Viewed 234 times

Dan Resko

PostSat Aug 05, 2023 6:54 am

Source monitor should definitely default to the multicam view when working with a multicam project with multiple timelines. Super annoying having to change it every time... :x

simple mrX

PostWed May 22, 2024 1:22 pm

Bump. +1
I have setups 3+1 monitors (3 for editing, 1 for preview) and 6 monitors (2 rows of 3). And DaVinci is unusable with current unmodifiable UI.
It is not even remembers window size/position if I change it's starting size from only 1 monitor to take whole space I need.
Trying to migrate from APP for a week and thinking about buying a Studio plus Editor Keyboard but... such things stops me. Most of of the Davinci current UI is a waste of space. And I can't do anything. This UI was designed IMHO for 16:9 onlyr one or two "DualScreen" monitors. Very sad. Some features are the best at the market, but...

Just for compare (3+1 setup):

Return to DaVinci Resolve Feature Requests