Smarter Caching please

• Author

Pedro Dias

Smarter Caching please

PostTue Dec 03, 2019 5:53 am

Cached clips are discarded the moment a clip is moved on the timeline or otherwise nudged by anything. This is annoying, would it be able to rethink the caching strategy around this?

Also it seems I have to select "User" or "Smart" cache in every single project that I make. Perhaps this is a setting somewhere that I haven't set, if not, there should be a setting for it.

It is highly annoying and should probably be enabled by default.
Med vennlig hilsen / Regards,

_________
Pedro Dias
- DaVinci Resolve Studio -
“Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.”
-Theodore Roosevelt

Jim Simon

Re: Smarter Caching please

PostTue Dec 03, 2019 4:39 pm

I wouldn't like Caching to be enabled by default.

But making the setting stick within the same project makes sense. Add it to the list below:

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=96350

Dmitry Kitsov BMD

Blackmagic Design

Re: Smarter Caching please

PostWed Dec 04, 2019 8:34 pm

Pedro Dias wrote:
Also it seems I have to select "User" or "Smart" cache in every single project that I make. Perhaps this is a setting somewhere that I haven't set, if not, there should be a setting for it.

It is highly annoying and should probably be enabled by default.

You can change the default project settings, which will affect any newly created project by utilizing the ability to save the current project settings as a preset, and then use that preset as a User Default Config.
This functionality is available in the Presets tab of the Project Settings. This will preserve most, if not all, Project Settings, but also many Playback and other menu's options chosen, including the Render Cache mode.
Blackmagic Design Technical support engineer
any posts made by myself prior to May 27, 2014 were before my employment with Blackmagic Design.

Return to DaVinci Resolve Feature Requests